MR Jc

My wife and I just retired and wanted to do some traveling so we decided to consider an RV.  I have looked at a few and watched lots of youtube videos on different RVs.  I like the Ford Transit and curious on thoughts of others that own this RV.  Any input is appreciated.  Thanks! 

Welcome to the Escapees forums! Since I have no experience with the Transit, I'll leave that to those who have. I do suggest that as you are shopping you should probably take a test drive in several different configurations, including at least one small class A. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

There are several versions of RVs using the Ford Transit. Which one are you considering?

It would also help us to help you if we know what type of travel you plan to do; weekend and vacation trips don't have the same needs as living full time in an RV.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

One thing to watch for in a small RV is the allowable weight capacity for cargo. Whether you look at a Transit, Sprinter, Ford E series van body or Chevy. We have looked at some where we would have been overweight with the two of us and two dogs. Others would have allowed a change of clothes each and maybe a couple of cans of beans for food.

Also check the capacity with full tanks and the actual fresh, grey and black water tank capacities as they will vary greatly.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Some dealers at the upcoming Hershey RV show have units set up for test drives during the show. We went through this process in '16 at the show, I test drove a Ford Transit and was disappointed. It just wasn't what I expected. We ended up buying a new Minnie winnie on Ford E450 which handles great with the rear airbags. Be sure to test drive and head out to Hershey PA in Sept if you are able, it is a big show.