TPMS PressurePro Pulse FX vs TST 507

Howdy!

I looking for a new TPMS my old PressurePro system that served me well for over12 years went with the old truck. I still have some PressurePro Sensors. I’m considering the new PressurePro Pulse FX that connects to my iPhone or tablet. It’s fairly new so would like any recommendations on it. I will also consider the TST 507 as I like that you can change the batteries yourself. Seems that a lot of RVer now use the TST 507.

”Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

I have the TST 507 W/10 sensors. It has served me well since 2013. I buy spare batteries at flea markets for $1 a card of 8 batteries. I keep 2 cards in the box with spare TST parts. I've replaced the batteries in them 2X so far, not  bad for cheap batteries. The instructions say battery life is around 1 yr.

The only fault with the 507 flow-thru sensors I have found, is they are slow(flow restricted) when adding air to a tire as compared to no sensor; but that may be due to having 2 valve stems in the air stream.

Prior to that I had a TST 510 system, in 5 years I only had to return 2 sensors for replacement. (no user battery replacement).

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

My 507 system is 8 years old and has worked perfectly through the years.  I have had 2 sensors (non-flow through) die and one monitor which was warranty during this period.  If my monitor would die again I would get the new color one, but as long as it continues to work........  

I'm getting ready to move in 4 days and I just checked my sensors and 2 of them need batteries which I will do later today.  I used to remove the sensors when parked to save the batteries, but it is more trouble than it is worth in my book.  This way I can check tire pressure at the push of a button while parked.  I will double check the actual pressure with a digital gauge and adjust as necessary when I replace the sensor batteries.  This way I will know if the sensor pressure is still accurate.

Great system.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

Howdy!

For those that recommend the TST 507 I tow a 44’ triple axle toy hauler and I would need 12 sensors. Have any of you had problems reading the sensors? I know I‘ve had problems with my old pressure pro reading the sensors on my long 5er.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

Howdy!

After doing research on the TST 507 I see that it comes with a repeater when you order it. So it looks like I will go with it.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon 

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

I am very pleased with my TST 507. Some of the sensors are several years old while others are newer, because of different RVs.  Service has been outstanding, had the monitor replaced for free last year, even though it was three years old.  As stated above pressures have always been within 2-3 psi when checked with gauge.  I took the flow through sensors off the Fifth wheel and put on current 35 ft. Winnebago. Because of valve extenders , if I have to replace, will go with non flow through, as I have to unscrew then to check psi anyway. So 6 flow through and 4 non for the toe, total of 10. Monitor sits on dash, do not have a repeater and always works as advertised. Would not be without some kind of system.

We currently have PP system and have been happy except for having to replace the sensors when the batteries go, having 10 sensors at $35(I have heard they have gone up to $50) a sensor this gets expensive. We seem to need to replace every 5 years or so(not really sure) so we are planning on a TST next time we need to start replacing sensors.

I talked to PressurePro as I had their system before. Their latest system Pulse FX which connects to you Apple or android device sounds nice but I would still have to have a extended antenna or repeater. PressurePro served me we but I like that I can change the batteries myself and the flow thru sensors in the TST 507 and it seems to have great reviews. I’ve found a website site that the prices are within a few dollars of both for a TPMS and 12 sensors.

https://www.technorv.com/tst-flow-thru-system-with-4-to-12-sensors/

“Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

4 hours ago, SWharton said:

We have a question on the TST sensors. Are there any problems with the flow thru ones and can we have valve stem extensions and still use the flow thru ones.

I seem to think that years ago the flow thrus did not work well.

The current TST flow-through sensors are smaller than the older ones, so there's less sticking out. I have still seen complaints of them being slow when adding air though. As long as the extensions are well supported, the flow-throughs should work ok.

I use the standard cap sensors, but with the rotary security covers removed. That makes the sensors smaller and less noticeable, as well as a bit lighter. Removing them to add air is no different now then removing the standard valve cap used on the flow-throughs or with no sensor.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

6 hours ago, chiefneon said:

Howdy!

After doing research on the TST 507 I see that it comes with a repeater when you order it. So it looks like I will go with it.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon 

I have my repeater attached to the wires for the engine light for my DP, which is switch controlled, wires hot continually, which means repeater is "on" continually. I do have an inline plug disconnect when required for boondocking.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived