Volvo with a Travel Trailer and Jeep friends.

Parrformance

Ok so this may be specific to my 2006 Volvo 780.  I have a 1/2 inch receiver hitch lock manufactured by Bolt on my Dodge.  The concept is the lock can be keyed to the ignition key so only need to carry one key.

So if you are with me so far, I came across an open box Bolt receiver hitch lock from Amazon Warehouse Deals.  The price was so low, I figured l would just add it to what ever else was in the cart.

The lock arrived, I set it on the work bench and figured I would get around to keying it to the Dodge.  A year later or so I was looking for a lock to secure the ball into my Gen-Right hitch, remembered I had purchased the Bolt lock.  In trying to decide did I want to add the Dodge key to the Volvo ring,(defeating the purpose of the keyed alike lock) I noticed the Volvo key for my HDT was very similar to the Dodge key. 

It happen to be a aftermarket key by Axxess #19R2, Google says this is a Chrysler Dodge Jeep key.

So for those that have a Volvo using this style blank, you can purchase the Bolt products for Chrysler and key them with your Volvo Key.

That is all for now you may return to your regularly scheduled activities.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

It is interesting that the Volvo's use a Dodge/Jeep key as our Freightliner does too.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Archived