Question about fulltiming insurance?

Hello, Will be retiring in a few months and have some questions about RV insurance.

The plan is to hit the road for a 2 to 3 years, will be buying a Motorhome. I have health Ins figured out.

I will be keeping my house and renting it out, its a duplex and my Daughter and family will be living in our side and I will be renting out the other. I will keep my domicile as my current address with Daughter handling any mail and what not. 

Do I need Fulltime RV insurance? Or will, I guess I'll call it regular RV insurance, be adequate? I realize I'll be "Fulltime" but I'll still have the sticks and bricks with that being my domicile I'm a little confused.

I'm not looking to necessarily save money, but I'm not opposed to it either :) I want to make sure I have the coverage needed. 

2019 Thor ARIA 3901: 2019 Jeep Wrangler:

16 minutes ago, Grizz1 said:

Hi Linda,

Yes I will maintain the homeowners insurance on the duplex.

Then you probably only need part-timers insurance on the RV. Do read the fine print on your homeowners policy, though, to be sure it covers liability for anything that happens while you are on the road.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 hours ago, Grizz1 said:

Yes I will maintain the homeowners insurance on the duplex.

You still need to discuss this with your insurance agent. Most standard RV policies have some maximum number of nights that it can be occupied to be covered. In addition, this could void the liability coverage from your home owner's policy since it will not be you occupying the house. Only your agent can tell you for sure and I'd want his answer in writing just in case the worst should happen. Another thing about most fulltime policies is that they have greater coverage for personal possessions. If you just take the advice here you are taking a great deal of risk. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks to both of you. I will speak to my Ins agent about my homeowners policy and find out what it does and does not cover as to my situation being on the road and not actually living in my home. The answers I get will determine my course of action as far as what type of RV insurance I will need. I will get it in writing. Thanks again!

2019 Thor ARIA 3901: 2019 Jeep Wrangler:

Regular RV insurance covers your liability if you are in an accident. Fulltimers RV Insurance covers your liability when you are parked if someone slips and falls inside your RV, or getting in or out of it as well as covers your personal effects contained inside. Your homeowners may or may not cover you especially since you are renting your home to your child.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Archived