Has your Class B ever had a water leak?

Roadtrek 1

Okay, this is primarily for owners with Class B's...

I imagine it's possible from the air conditioning unit or seals around the antenna for the TV or Fantastic Fan....I've just never heard about it from owners? 

Because these units are primarily all metal roofs, it would take a lot more for them to leak. 

In the 19 years that I had a car with a sunroof ( a pretty big hole in my roof😀😀😀),  I never had any water issues.   I imagine that they do a pretty good job of cutting in and mounting things like the roof A/C... with silicone. ?

And, there's no ladder or anything to access the roof of my Class B...it's not exactly safe to be up there... I don't know... maybe you're OK with going up there.   

SO,  how often do you get this checked out?  Or do you even worry about it?    

I know that many people who have fiberglass roofs need to get the seams checked yearly. 

In our VW camper the drain hose from the A/C came loose and flooded the back interior. But that was not a roof leak. We never had a roof leak in any of our RVs. (OK the canvas in the tent trailer would leak if you touched it during rain but that's a whole different case.)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 hours ago, sandsys said:

In our VW camper the drain hose from the A/C came loose and flooded the back interior. But that was not a roof leak. We never had a roof leak in any of our RVs. (OK the canvas in the tent trailer would leak if you touched it during rain but that's a whole different case.)

Linda

Linda, thanks. Are you saying  that was the overflow condensation line ?    We have a Dometic Roof air conditioning unit ...I don't know where the condensation line might be?   Maybe it's in the unit? 

Was your A/C unit in the ceiling on the inside of your VW?  

The Class B's have an all metal roof straight from the factory like cars...so, I don't think it's very likely that they will leak except for bad gaskets...

5 hours ago, Roadtrek 1 said:

Linda, thanks. Are you saying  that was the overflow condensation line ?    We have a Dometic Roof air conditioning unit ...I don't know where the condensation line might be?   Maybe it's in the unit? 

Was your A/C unit in the ceiling on the inside of your VW?  

Sorry, too many years ago so I don't remember. I do remember arriving in camp to discover soaking wet sleeping bags.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Archived