Ending fulltiming

acker1

After 18 years of fulltiming, medical conditions are forcing us to stop. Bought a house in S. Illinois and will be selling our MH as soon as I can get some pics. It's been a great 18 years. We had planned on fulltiming until we died (came close 2 times this summer). Met a lot of good friends in person and thru RV forums (Hi RV!). Got to visit more family and friends than we ever did with a stick house. So sad but it had to be.

DICK

2010 Phaeton QTH
2013 GMC Sierra 4X4
Vietnam Vet--1st Cav '65, Recon,2/7
Ia Drang Valley survivor
Elks<br http://www.4ezdaz.com
Same site--new URL

5 hours ago, acker1 said:

After 18 years of fulltiming, medical conditions are forcing us to stop.

I know exactly what you are experiencing as we traveled that same road but after only 12 years. Our moving to a home-base was followed by a period of 2 years with no RV travel at all, but as things improved we got a small travel trailer to make a few short trips and after 2 years we were able to spend several months in it. As I write this we are about to leave for Pam to go into the hospital for surgery once more that will have her out of commission for several months, but with hopes to make it on the road for a time in the spring.  Let encourage you to continue to spend some time on the forums and keep us all informed of you as the future unfolds.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Dick! I am happy you have options and are settling down when you needed to. You have been a dear friend Dick and are just another of us fulltimers here who came off the road for health reasons, our own or family like we did.

You've been a staunch man of honor in combat and as a citizen. I am grateful to have you as a friend, and honored you feel the same way.

Dick. I remain rv at rvroadie dot com

Full timing for more than a few years is an experience that can't be expressed to one who never full timed. Serving honorably in war and peace is the same. I am glad we both got the chance both when gas and diesel was cheap, and when it became dear.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Sorry you have to leave the road but 18 years is a long run! Ours was 11 years before health caught up to us. We sure enjoyed the lifestyle.

We had put everything in storage and when we bought a house and moved everything here, opening the boxes was like Christmas.

I  spent 1963 in Vietnam (ASA - 3RD RRU - the ASA was the military arm of the NSA) and unpacking the box with mementos was great!  I am planning on hanging the crossbow I got from a Moi/Montagnard  tribesman in my office.

Clay(WA5NMR), Lee(Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timed for eleven years in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Snowbirds for 1 year. Now settled down in western CO.
Honda Accord toad.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:21 PM, RV_ said:

Dick! I am happy you have options and are settling down when you needed to. You have been a dear friend Dick and are just another of us fulltimers here who came off the road for health reasons, our own or family like we did.

You've been a staunch man of honor in combat and as a citizen. I am grateful to have you as a friend, and honored you feel the same way.

Dick. I remain rv at rvroadie dot com

Full timing for more than a few years is an experience that can't be expressed to one who never full timed. Serving honorably in war and peace is the same. I am glad we both got the chance both when gas and diesel was cheap, and when it became dear.

Many thanks RV. Even tho we've never met I feel like we are good friends. I think you are in Co now. Might get there sometime. We are in S. Illinois if you ever get this way, let me know.

DICK

2010 Phaeton QTH
2013 GMC Sierra 4X4
Ia Drang Valley survivor
Same site--new URL

11 hours ago, Clay L said:

Sorry you have to leave the road but 18 years is a long run! Ours was 11 years before health caught up to us. We sure enjoyed the lifestyle.

We had put everything in storage and when we bought a house and moved everything here, opening the boxes was like Christmas.

I  spent 1963 in Vietnam (ASA - 3RD RRU - the ASA was the military arm of the NSA) and unpacking the box with mementos was great!  I am planning on hanging the crossbow I got from a Moi/Montagnard  tribesman in my office.

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2010 Phaeton QTH
2013 GMC Sierra 4X4
Ia Drang Valley survivor
Same site--new URL

Nope, Co this coming spring. We're buying the house around December/January when prices drop some. I did sell my Tesla stock and am ready to buy immediately when the right house comes along. Between Zillow and our realtor our problem isn't finding the perfect house, but picking from so many. We were going to Colorado Springs, but now will spend a bit more to be near the kids and grands in the Denver area. Maybe we will.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 8:03 PM, acker1 said:

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You too  brother!!!

Clay(WA5NMR), Lee(Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timed for eleven years in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Snowbirds for 1 year. Now settled down in western CO.
Honda Accord toad.

Archived