Axle spacing on Heartland 4100 King.

chief916

NI can't stick my hand or fingers between the rear and middle tires.  The coach came with st235/R80/16's on them.  They we're blowmax so I changed them out for LT235/85/16's by Sailun.  Is the tire spacing normal for the heartland 4100?  Sitting in a campground in Belle Fourche SD waiting to get my HDT returned for a over heat problem then I'll take the coach down to have West Tires take a look at the coach tires.  They...West Tires, says there is a place here that can align the axles.  That might save me from having to replace the Sailun tires I have on.  As always...thanks in advance.

Ben

There is definitely an alignment shop in Belle Fourche.  I can't remember the name of it, but my uncle lives there and gets his over the road truck aligned at the shop.  They have equipment big enough to deal with HDT's so the 5er should be no problem.  They do good work.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I am not sure where the gap is that you are referring to.  But alignments adjust caster, camber and toe, not ride height.  Not all things are adjustable easily. Are you getting uneven tire wear?

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Dexter axle minimum tire spacing is 1 inch.

MorRyde IS minimum tire spacing is 3/4 inch.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

10 hours ago, chief916 said:

NI can't stick my hand or fingers between the rear and middle tires.  The coach came with st235/R80/16's on them.  They we're blowmax so I changed them out for LT235/85/16's by Sailun.  Is the tire spacing normal for the heartland 4100?  Sitting in a campground in Belle Fourche SD waiting to get my HDT returned for a over heat problem then I'll take the coach down to have West Tires take a look at the coach tires.  They...West Tires, says there is a place here that can align the axles.  That might save me from having to replace the Sailun tires I have on.  As always...thanks in advance.

Ben

A lot of 5th wheel trailers with OE tire size ST235/80R16, regardless of brand, have a standard 32" spacing between axles. Get a tape measure and check from center to center on both sides. If actually 32" the ST235/85R16 tires are probably to tall. 

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

38' fiver - Dodge Dually

AKA: FastEagle

USN Retired - DOD Retired - SSA Retired

21 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

There is definitely an alignment shop in Belle Fourche.  I can't remember the name of it, but my uncle lives there and gets his over the road truck aligned at the shop.  They have equipment big enough to deal with HDT's so the 5er should be no problem.  They do good work.

I think I found the place over on Butte street.  Does West Tire ring a bell?

Thank you

11 hours ago, TireHobby said:

A lot of 5th wheel trailers with OE tire size ST235/80R16, regardless of brand, have a standard 32" spacing between axles. Get a tape measure and check from center to center on both sides. If actually 32" the ST235/85R16 tires are probably to tall. 

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Thank you.  This is something I'm going to show the tire shop.

16 hours ago, rynosback said:

I am not sure where the gap is that you are referring to.  But alignments adjust caster, camber and toe, not ride height.  Not all things are adjustable easily. Are you getting uneven tire wear?

Yes sir getting fairly good even wear except a slight scrubbing on the outside and some inside edges.

On 8/10/2018 at 6:46 AM, chief916 said:

I think I found the place over on Butte street.  Does West Tire ring a bell?

Thank you

I’ve only been there once several years ago when I was visiting.  I can’t remember the name of the place.  Sorry.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

21 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I’ve only been there once several years ago when I was visiting.  I can’t remember the name of the place.  Sorry.

No prob Chad.  We found the alignment shop and the trailer repair shop and those two guys talked to each other... cause I took the coach to both of them and the both felt that that was just the way it was built and that a tires were tracking but they asked me to take it down to North Hills and get their assessment.  North Hills RV techs agree with the guys in Belle Fourche.  So felt good about the wheels now.  Left for Yellowstone and are now here and no problems thank the Lord.  Thanks to all who commented.

Ben

Archived