smart car dimensions

noteven

Ya I’m being lazy...

What are the dimensions of common smart models:

weight.

front bumper to 6” behind the middle of the rear wheel?

width to outside of tires on the widest axle (rear)?

In other words if you park a smarton a platform with a bulkhead in front and open on the other three sides, how big does the platform need to be to sit all four tires?

I have a hydraulic loader that is 50” wide and easy to expand width wise by 96” long. It has a bulkhead on the front so bumper of what you load cannot overhang that end. 

It can lift 2500lbs.

Just wondering if it could be fixed up to haul a smart?

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

I'm going to be lazy too, the 2,500 pounds will work for any smart and we have a 451 and a 453 but they are in the garage and I am enjoying a nice glass of wine right now...

A Google search will give you the dimensions of the smart you need as long as you know which car you are getting.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

GH    I didn't know that they made a good glass of wine! Bourbon is the way to go. But my wife really is a wine Fan. Oh well I gave her plenty of chances to see the light.   Pat

The Old Sailor

Thanks Trey and Susan - that front overhang dimension is what I needed. The car would fit the loader. The thickness of the front of the loader is 100mm, plus 30mm clearance plus 2695mm car length minus 2.6 metre max width regulation...ya we’re good...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Archived