RV BLUE BOOK

Lily

HIYA ALL!

It's Nate & Lily again!  Wondering if there is a website you can refer us to determine what the TOP Motorhome RV's there are, see which depresiates the fastest, or has the best reputation in the event we have to sell?

Any Newell or an older Country Coach, are, as you mentioned, good choices. 

Just remember you get what you pay for.  There is a reason a 10 year old Newell is the same price as a brand new low line diesel pusher. Low production coach's like Newell and Foretravel, generally sell what the market decides, because NADA does not have enough data to project what the average value should be.

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

16 hours ago, Lily said:

Wondering if there is a website you can refer us to determine what the TOP Motorhome RV's there are,

The nearest thing to that without question is The RV Consumer Group, but it is not free. Their website does have some interesting information that is free so don't hesitate to visit them and read the free stuff. While I am no longer a member of the organization, I was an active member for more than 10 years and very strongly believe in them as the best source of information and education for RV buyers and especially for new ones. I had owned RVs for nearly 20 years when I joined and yet I learned a tremendous amount from them and their advice saved me a great deal of money when we bought a new RV.

I'm not sure why you chose the names Newell and Country Coach but will comment. Newell builds one of the highest quality motorhomes that is available in the world, along with Marathon and Prevost.  A new RV from Newell will have a base price of about $1,500,000 and they go up from there.  Newell does sell used coaches that have been reconditioned and they have a 2007 model of only $424,000. Marathon, on the other hand, starts above $2,000,000 but they do list a 2008 model for only $825,000!

If we move back into the market where most of the Escapees live the marked gets much better. Country Coach is a high-quality motorhome that was a cost/quality leader but is no longer in business. The company ceased production in 2009 so all of them are nearing 10 years old or older. They can be purchased today for as little as $50k to well above $250k, depending upon the year and model. 

We could probably give better advice if we had some idea of the general price range that you are looking in. There are new motorhomes today that sell for as low as $100k to the examples above that are more than $2million. The used market is even wider. The quality of construction, of amenities, and the fit & finish of the interiors very just as widely as the prices. While price is not always in indication of quality, you will not find a low priced RV that is of high quality except in very rare cases. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

There are many good brands of MH and fivers out there in all price ranges.  In the past few years there has been a record number of new units being sold, therefore prices are steady and/or rising.  

The number one suggestion I would make right up front, and I don't want to offend anyone, but stay away from RV shopping at Camping World.  I have never purchased an RV from any CW.  However, if you start reading almost any RV forum you will soon start seeing how horrible most of their stores can be and how badly they cheat new RVers.  I have used them for installing equipment on a past MH and would never use them again.  

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived