need a little help

jimd40

i weighed my 2018 aspect today and front axle 4460   drive axle 9360  gross  13820      it is loaded with full water and propane  and golf clubs     the door tag says  gvwr 14500  f 5000  and rear 9600  now my question  how much can i tow ?? I'm get old because i can't remember stuff thanks   jim

If it has the triton v10, and just the standard hitch then it's 5k. But you'll also have to consider hitch weight into your GVWR, rear axle rating and and stay under your GCWR (gross combined weight rating).

You should have quite a lot of flexibility.

18 minutes ago, jimd40 said:

yes it ford v10  an and hitch says 5000 lbs  wanted to know what weigh limits i have thanks

Well.. your GCWR is likely something in the 40k range, but that's kind of moot since it has a fairly light hitch on the Aspect and your rear axle ratings will be the limiting factor... which is why it has a fairly light hitch on it. You don't have a lot left to play with when the chassis is confiured as a class C. Not because your rig is not capable of actually pulling it but because your axles and chassis are not capable of supporting much additional weight.

If you plan on towing a trailer of some sort, that's likely going to add more to your axle weight (in the form of tongue weight) than pulling a small toad 4 down so it's difficult to say exactly what a tow weight capacity would be.

You can likely have quite a large toad (4-down), but then you also need to take into account sway factors and what is actually "safe" to pull as a toad. Generally speaking though... if a toad is in your plans... just about any moderately sized vehicle will be a "GO" for you. 

Find the Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR) of your RV and subtract your gross weight (13820) from that number.  This is the maximum weight your RV can tow.  This doesn’t mean your RV can actually tow that much weight because it might be limited by some other factor (like rear axle rating, hitch capacity, etc), but it will give you the best case scenario max tow weight.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I visited the Winnebago Aspect website to check the weight ratings they show.  This is what it shows:

Gross Combined Weight Rating    22,000

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating         14,500

Trailer Hitch 5,000-lb. drawbar/350-lb. maximum vertical tongue weight 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived