Back to commercial service

ICPete

When I recently found a buyer for my Volvo, he was a commercial owner-operator who wanted a "spare truck" for his operation. It was quite a shame from my point of view that the bed I had put so much work into, and other RV-specific features, would not be used any further.

However the buyer really appreciated the condition and features of my truck, and was very happy to be adding it to his fleet.

The new owner sent me this photo today:

jHqG3fa.jpg

His mechanic had checked the truck thoroughly and said the only thing it needed was a bull gear for the engine. Of course he removed the wooden flat bed and installed a commercial hitch. He was on his way to pick up his first load with it.

I'm very happy that my truck will serve many more miles and, I hope, make some money for its new owner. In a way, I think it's kind of cool that this truck has come full circle, from US-Express to RV service and back to commercial again.

2007 NuWa Hitchhiker Discover America 339RSB

2000 Volvo VNL64T770 with TrailerSaver hitch, wooden flat bed, Detroit 12.7L S60, 10-sp AutoShift, still tandem

13 minutes ago, sclord2002 said:

The buyer got a really nice truck.  i know you went the extra mile on maintenance and upkeep on it.  Gonna miss you at the ECR, though.     Charlie

Second that.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Thanks guys.

I've missed the last few ECRs and HDT rallies. Definitely miss the great folks and camaraderie.

2007 NuWa Hitchhiker Discover America 339RSB

2000 Volvo VNL64T770 with TrailerSaver hitch, wooden flat bed, Detroit 12.7L S60, 10-sp AutoShift, still tandem

• 2 months later...

Archived