Malwarebytes new release

hiljoball

I just ran Malwarebytes for a routine scan. It advised that there was a new release, so I downloaded and installed it.

During the install it advised that the Malwarebytes Antiransomware was obsolete and incompatible with the new release as the function was now built-in and it uninstalled the antiransomware component..

When the new release started, it stated that it was a 14 day trial of the full product and would revert to the lower function free version after 14 days.

The problem is that the antiransomware in now part of the full paid version and is no longer available free.

I understand that they need to make money - but my concern is that they hid the full effect of the new structure until after it was installed and the prior software was already removed.

Just be aware!

John

John
Titanium 29EX 29/34 Fifthwheel

Two things I bought cheap and for life. Back in the 2000-2007day Malwarebytes sold lifetime full premium licenses that can be deactivated and reactivated on your new computers and Windows tablets. they were always going on sale for $14.99. I bought five and they have been through every XP, Win 7, Win 8/8.1/10 desktops, tablets and all in ones. It was nice to get the ransomware and anti exploit all added together. We have six systems and we use the free version on the Voyo Mini PC. The other is my lifetime membership for the AFSA (Air Force Sergeant's Association.) it was under $200.00 back in the 80s. I retired in 1998 with 27 years. I don't do much with the local chapter. They are my grand kids age!  We are in good hands with the sharp quality troops I see at Barksdale AFB.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived