I think our new fifth wheel is a lemon-

PAylor

Would love to have input-

We purchased our fifth wheel last November.  We have had three previous fifth wheels and are experienced Rvers.   Also we have done extensive plumbing and electrical work to all our rigs.  This was a custom high end unit.  The manufacuturer was purchased and merged with another company during the final weeks of the assembly of our unit.  We have never had an Rv with so many problems, many major dangerous problems.  At this point the company has been great about taking care of all repairs.  

The warranty runs out in November.  I really do think that this unit was caught in the chaos of the transition.  The things that we've found makes it clear that there was no quality control.  I want the company to extend the warranty past a year.  I don't want to take legal action unless I have to.  

Based on Rv industry newsletters I know my problem isn't unique.  

6 minutes ago, PAylor said:

I want the company to extend the warranty past a year. 

It never hurts to ask. The worst they can say is "no".

Not sure where you purchased, but it might be helpful to review the lemon laws in the purchase state. Florida Recreational Vehicles Lemon Law from the Attorney Generals office.

Unfortunately, that's fairly typical in most states and has so many exclusions that it is very difficult to find much legal standing to enact on. Of course, I have no idea what you're issues have been so who's to say. Good luck.

I would also consider letting the readers of this forum know the name of the company you purchased from and who they merged with in the event they start to drag their feet.   Companies will often take notice of the power of these venues, that often reach thousands of viewers and thus tend to be more amicable, in my opinion.  <_<  Law suites, for sure, tend to tick them off which can sometimes lead to questionable results for both sides.

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

4 hours ago, PAylor said:

I want the company to extend the warranty past a year.

If you can't get them to do that, ask the dealer who sold it to you about splitting the cost of an extended warranty on it. Of course, those do not cover structural issues if that is part of your problem. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

11 hours ago, jc2 said:

I would also consider letting the readers of this forum know the name of the company you purchased from and who they merged with in the event they start to drag their feet.   Companies will often take notice of the power of these venues, that often reach thousands of viewers and thus tend to be more amicable, in my opinion.  <_<  Law suites, for sure, tend to tick them off which can sometimes lead to questionable results for both sides.

Looking at what they have posted, I think they have an "Ambition fifth wheel made by Augusta"

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Archived