VNL770 AC compressor switch

MsChrissi

No idea, specific to Volvo, but it's always on the inlet side if the Evap. Most automotive units are 90* shaped, with a capillary pig-tail coming off the "run" side of the T. If it's under the air cleaner, I didn't tell you.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

2 hours ago, MsChrissi said:

Any idea where the expansion valve is located, please don't tell me it is on the firewall under the air cleaner.

I think it is worse than that.  Mines in the shop for AC work now.  I am told you can see it from outside but it is accessed from inside.  Sounds like you may have to open the heater box.  Guess I will find out for sure when I get the bill.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

Thanks Nigel, we do all of our own work so the pain will be mine. We evacuated and charged the system the high side is hot as hell, the cold side is warm, to me this would indicate there is no gas passing the expansion valve where the transition from high pressure liquid to low pressure gas should happen causing a sever thermal drop...is not happening.

I talked to the mechanic doing mine today.  Yes it is accessible from the outside behind the air filter contrary to what the first guy that was tasked with the job said. However mine is apart from the inside to replace the evaporator.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

Archived