Seattle to Colorado?

tyates007

I have a set, 2 pair of fenders, that I am seeing if I can get some help with to save some shipping cost for a forum member. I need to get them from Seattle, Wa area to Colorado Springs. Is anyone traveling that route in the next month or so that may have se room?  We could work something out with fuel cost or something if an option.

Thanks, Tom

Who is in the Springs???  Just curious, since I'm just up the hill.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

On 8/2/2017 at 11:53 AM, tyates007 said:

I have a set, 2 pair of fenders, that I am seeing if I can get some help with to save some shipping cost for a forum member. I need to get them from Seattle, Wa area to Colorado Springs. Is anyone traveling that route in the next month or so that may have se room?  We could work something out with fuel cost or something if an option.

Thanks, Tom

Howdy Tom,

I live just outside of Granite Falls, WA about 50 miles NE of seattle.  How big are the fenders, height, width, lenght, when do they have to be in CS?  It wouldn't be to far out of my way to pass through there on the way to the National Rally in early October.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 minutes ago, tyates007 said:

Thx Dave. I will get some exact dimensions this weekend and get back to you. I am in Snohomish so if work something out I could just run them out to your place. 

Howdy Tom,

I'll have the garage pretty well filled up so depending on the size they may fit, they may not.  Are they in weather proof containers or can they be wrapped to be protected from the weather, if so I an sure they could be secured to the deck of the truck and carried that way.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 minutes ago, tyates007 said:

Dave they are black poly fenders so weather will not be a concern. I have seen in your Voltage garage at the WCR a few years ago so I know you utilize your space pretty well

Howdy Tom,

If they can be wrapped in plastic or even cardboard it would protect them from getting scratched up from being tied down and bouncing on the deck during transport.  If I end up taking them I don't want to deliver damaged goods.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

You might be able to wrap them with a few layers of Saran wrap to help protect them, but sounds like you would need quite a bit.

We used Saran wrap to protect the tires on our Show vehicle when we did the Championship finals and had them all cleaned and detailed before we left MN and had to drive from the garage to the trailer in winter time to load up for the trip to the show. This protected them till we got down to Houston TX and got unloaded and set up. Many of the show cars did this to reduce the amount of cleaning time at the show.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

8 hours ago, tyates007 said:

Dave I put a tape on them this morning. All 4 stacked together is 50 long x 40 high x 26 deep. The mounting hardware fits inside these measurements. 

Howdy Tom,

They could be strapped onto the deck of the truck, that wouldn't be a problem.  But the only way I would take these parts is if they were somehow packed or protected from being bounced around and the weather.  I do NOT want to be responsible to deliver parts in good shape if they aren't somehow protected before they are strapped down.  If they are just strapped to the truck without being protected I can't assume any responsibility for what shape they are in when delivered.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived