Eaton Trans software..

Grassy

To set or find out what is happening with your ultrashift trans..you have to go to a dealer who plugs in their laptop with the Eaton software running..

Is the right cable and software available to the public and do I need to sell my first born to buy it ? 

And has anyone done this ?

Thanks.. 

. Arctic Fox 29-5T

. Beagle co-pilots - Faffy and Lulu

Yes you can....... software is available especially for the earlier models of the UltraShift.  You do need a computer running WIN 7 and the interface box to connect the computer to the trucks 9 pin connector. It's all doable but the cost/ benefit ratio is not very favorable.  The changes you can apply to the trans software is limited based on firmware of the trans computer box. It's cost effective to find a shop that has the " Road Ranger" software and interface box to make any changes. I have a 2005 model UltraShift and all I could change was the "starting gear". I can now start off in any gear 2-5. No other changes were available in my particular set up. 

The newer Ultra Shift plus has quite a few options involving starting gears, shift points, clutch pedal options and others that can be configured. For an hours worth of time, you can set them once and forget it a lot cheaper than the cost of the software.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Archived