TEC light

Vegas Teacher

7 hours ago, VegasFlyer said:

Private Seller.  The bad part is that VT paid a Volvo dealer, 600.00 to do the pre-buy inspection, thinking he would also get a Dyno test.  Not only did the Dyno not happen, the inspection turned out to somehow miss a lot of questionable items on the truck.

With that said, there were several items that VT knew were in need of TLC along with several high dollar items which were replaced with the past year.  Our checks did confirm that.

My thought on that Volvo dealer would be a place that I would stay clear of. Does not sound like a good dealership. It is hard to tell how good a dealer is from that far away. That is just my 2 cents. I hope VT is having better luck with his truck.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

10 hours ago, alan0043 said:

My thought on that Volvo dealer would be a place that I would stay clear of. Does not sound like a good dealership. It is hard to tell how good a dealer is from that far away. That is just my 2 cents. I hope VT is having better luck with his truck.

Al

Agreed!

It was the oddest pre-buy inspection I have ever seen.  Instead of an inspection sheet, they gave him an estimate to fix certain items, with odd notes regarding the items, such as 1,247.53 for a wiring harness, with a note that oil had leaked onto the harness.  Or 257.00 to replace the oil sensor in the pan, due to oil leaking from the threads.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Archived