Petertruck is on the road!

mkvacik

Well, I figured maybe it is time to start my own thread rather than continue to post updates on "big ugly"!

Finally got the Jeep finished up and loaded.  Has to have the top off in order to clear in turns (I assume, it appears that way and I have not take the time to hook up with the roof to confirm).  I will keep my eyes peeled for a sloped back top to be able to travel with the Jeep covered.  

https://goo.gl/photos/c54QNMZbQRFmXLtv5

6 minutes ago, sclord2002 said:

Would things clear if you loaded backwards ?     Charlie

I don't remember if it was @mkvacik or another poster, but the discussion of loading the jeep backwards came up and the top of the jeep was way above the truck line. Would probably make you over 14' tall! 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

I do like your setup. 

I will give some thoughts on what I do and why.

First of all I cannot turn to a 90 degree angle. And I absolutely do not want to do that. 

That is very abusive on RV suspension . Most RV suspension is not built to take that twisting.

So if you want to install the top and just pay attention when backing up you should be fine. Now you do need to measure and test while in a empty parking lot. With turning the front wheels as sharp as I can we do not touch. Maybe 6" of clearance.

Yes the RV and jeep kissed once.    O s...t    Now you are doing what caused my problem.

Do not tie the tires down. Chain the frame tight. Yea da. Movement let them kiss.

I finally found that chaining the rear frame to the bed in front of the tires crossed over works best on the rear. Then the front is tied down with turnbuckles to the support.

I have been doing it for 12 years

Now on another thought...... If your were pulling a travel trailer you could not turn 90 degrees

this may be a problem not being able to turn that tight, but if it is I would not put myself in that position.

Safe Travels,.  Vern

Archived