Aiming or raising HID lites

rdickinson

Info passed onto Tony re headlite.  Long trek home coming up.

Don't think I'll be going to the WCR.  These 4 month trips cost at least 10k so another 2 for the WCR isn't in the cards.   It costs 1k to get on and off Vancouver Island.

Re the generator problems last year.  Rheostat on circuit board needed adjusting to allow for 8 seconds cranking and glow plug heat  up time.  Also put in a check valve south of fuel lift pump.  Starts right away.  The guys in New Iberia are keeping an eye open for a 7.5 or 8kw Onan.  I may have a sale for the current unit.  I'll get it installed on the next Construction trip late November if everything works out.

Other than that everything is running so far.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2017 at 4:03 PM, MrSeas said:

Roger..... if ya drop by the WCR I'll fix what ails ya....I can show ya how to get aimed!

Mr Seas! 

I was in a hurry after changing over the hid's into new lenses. What do you suggest. The OTR Method hood open measure on the ground? Or block building? Or.......

Bill

"RINGO" 2005 VOLVO 670 D12 465hp/Freedomline Transmission 3.42 w/locker and smart car bed.

By Gregg Shields at RVHAULERS

“Penny Lane” 2018 DRV HOUSTON

"ABBEY" 2013 smart for-two Passion

"Tilly" Irish Wolfhound/lab mix  ( Good Memories)

The adjustment screw that is supposed to doesn't.  There has to be another way.

I was told to stand the truck 25' off a wall, measure the ht at the bulb then measure the ht at the cuttoff on the wall.  In my case it was around 38".  They were aimed down to 31.5" I think.....This done by professionals.

My new lenses have E6 Torx clockwise is up cc is down. 

NO SIDE TO SIDE  that I could see or need.

the OTR METHOD WAS TO MEASURE OUT 24 or 26 " from bumper. Lay a tape or 2x4 across and raise your hood. Aim lights to land on board. I guess if you can see and no one flashes you (except drunks) your in the ballpark!

"RINGO" 2005 VOLVO 670 D12 465hp/Freedomline Transmission 3.42 w/locker and smart car bed.

By Gregg Shields at RVHAULERS

“Penny Lane” 2018 DRV HOUSTON

"ABBEY" 2013 smart for-two Passion

"Tilly" Irish Wolfhound/lab mix  ( Good Memories)

I just park my truck in my driveway and look at the aim on my garage doors. I have mine a bit to the high side. So far no one has flashed me yet. I also installed the LED fog light upgrade and love the light output to the sides.  Now I need to fabricate a upgrade for the driving lights. 

Archived