IPAD Pro and GPS.....

Vladimir

I am thinking about buying a IPAD Pro. In the past, you needed a cellular card to access GPS services with a IPAD.

Is this still true with the IPAD Pro?? I looked on the net and there does not seem to be a clear answer from somebody I can trust.

Anybody have one without cellular access or know the answer to the question??

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

Howdy!

I don't know about a data card, but I do have a iPad Pro with data service with AT&T and use Co-Pilot gps app. As I under stand it the iPad without data service WiFi only do not have a gps in them. I have seen where some have added a gps to them with WiFi only.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

You have to buy one that supports cellular service to get the gps. But you do not have to activate it with the carrier. Just buy it at the Apple Store. As long as you have data service available, via wifi, the gps will work. If you have a jet PAC or any other source available, you can use that .

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

How much data does using my Ipad II Mini with my HotSpot use.

I bought an external Garmin GPS unit that I use with my drone. But sometimes I like to use it in the car with Google earth to see what is around me when traveling. A great set up but not sure how much data I'm burning through.

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

I have a pro. Iv'e never tried to connect to GPS through my mifi in the car though. I think with any of them, you have to be able to connect to a source even if it just runs off your phone plan data. As long as you can do that, you should be able to pull up directions. BTW, I have a brand new Ipad mini if anyone wants to buy. I got it with my new phone and it is wifi capable.

Happy Trails,

Jim & Ginger/Nomad Hikers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Retirement 12/2016

Full-time 04/2017

VanLeigh Vilano/Ford F350

Blog site - https://www.trailer2trail.com/

Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=trailer2trail

It's not directions that I am looking for....it is a spot on the map that shows where I am located.

You can download maps that you can use outside of wifi and cellular range. On fire assignments, the teams have fire maps that you can download and are GPS enabled so you can download the map to a IPAD and then use it for navigation. It doesn't matter if your outside of wifi or cellular range it still works.

Works great for getting out of a fire area in a hurry without trying to figure out where you are on a paper map.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

Archived