Truck Parking App

NoDirectionHome

From the NATSO website:

Park My Truck allows any parking provider--whether public or private--to report their parking availability for free through this app; it doesn’t require any special technology except internet access.

If you think any truckstop operator is going to monitor their parking lot in real time with hourly personel to keep this app up to date, which is the only information that would be useful, I have some NOS Corvair lower radiator hoses available at a super price.

NATSO is the lobbying arm of the truckstop industry. Because they favor the major "travel centers" as larger members over the smaller independents, many of them without proper representation have gone out of business, taking much needed parking spaces with them.

Secondly they have spread many dollars around Congress preventing changes in the STAA acts to allow commercial rest areas ( think service plazas on major Turnpikes) to be developed on the interstate system, which would compete with their members at the exits. The traveling public would use and many companies would develop such service plazas at no government costs, but NATSO stands in the way. To heck with safety and convienience.

This is a public relations stunt to try and protect their members, nothing more.

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

I agree with Jeff. this post should probably be deleted by moderator.

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

The problem with deleting things we don't agree with, is it will be back. By leaving it up, a thoughtful counter-point can happen, and convince truck stop users to change their minds. Even leaving it up, it will be posted over and over again. Nature of the beast.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Archived