Breakdown Insurance for older RV?

BigRich

Hi Everyone,

After finally recovering from our flooded RV nightmare, I have found a nice replacement with low miles and in excellent condition. Going to pick it up tomorrow. Already changed the pic in my signature :D

My question is, does anyone know of any breakdown insurance for older RVs? This one is a 1999 with 42,000 miles. I know it's a long shot, but maybe?

Regards,

-Rich

rtrvgbanner_1.jpg
http://rtrvg.com/blog/
2004 Coachman, F-53, 36'

Quick search found that some were renewable annually until the rig was 18 yrs old. Didn't find anyone who sold one for something older. It is very expensive. Maybe you would be better off to just put money into a savings account monthly that is earmarked for any repairs you may need. The one I found that would go until 18 yrs old was Good Sam Extended Warranty.

Pat DeJong

Coachnet may be on and Aviva another. Aviva is in Canada, not sure about the US.. I haven't read thru the rems of fine print to indicate a year restriction. My trailer is a 2001.

Coachnet 877. 801.0333

Aviva Canada 416. 288.1800, They can tell you if there is a US office. I know both have breakdown, lock out, out of fuel, flat tire services.

Roger

I wrote this article on extended warranties which was published in Escapees magazine, that my help answer some of your questions. I think that you will find it very difficult to find a company to cover an RV that is more then 10 years old. Most companies are reluctant to write such policies and they tend to be very expensive.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived