Volvo online parts catalog

Sinbad5024

I have been looking around for a parts catalog to get part numbers for things that I plan on replacing myself (i.e. cabin filters, shocks, etc.) but I am unable to locate an online catalog. What and/or where do you look for Volvo part numbers? Do you call into a dealer/parts store? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

2007 Volvo VNL 780 "Vlad"

2008 Dutchmen Grand Junction 34QRL

Shane,

Interested in the answers also. I call a dealer, always have to give the VIN# then they look it up. Kind of makes me feel bad , I often don't buy from them. For cabin filters and other items like that Truck Pro, Raneys, Ryder and others will usually have those based on year and model of truck. Some parts though are VIN specific for the same make and model depending how the truck was speced by the fleet ordering.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Not sure on your experience level with a HDT.

Every Volvo truck is "identified" by the last 6 digits of the VIN.

The Volvo parts computer will only show parts for that VIN.

Sometimes the P/N will be on the part and you can "cross reference" it to another P/N.

Be aware Volvo changes their P/N's quite often to reflect a "change" of some sort with a certain part.

Google will become your best friend when looking for parts and the best prices!

Napa can use you VIN to "cross reference" Volvo P/N's to a "generic" P/N

Next time you go to your local Volvo dealer ask the parts/service guy to print out a build sheet for your truck.

Here is an example of a "google" search using a "Fleetguard" P/N for the A/C air filter element.

http://www.advantagetruckparts.com/volvo-truck-parts/volvo-cabin-air-filter-20435801-af26405/

You have 2 of these on your truck.

Shocks are a bit more personalized..... I have a 12.5 K Air-TEC front suspension on my truck and I use a Monroe P/N 65497

Rear shocks are also Monroe P/N 65494

I "cheat" when I visit my local dealer's parts department.....I stop by on Sunday's when it's usually slow and I can ask lots of questions, I always bring some donuts to share....

Hope this helps.....

........................and when you ask for that build sheet, a box of donuts makes it happen faster. Another note- you may need a part that your truck did not come with. Ask on here if anybody has that on theirs, then use their VIN to get what you want.

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Not sure on your experience level with a HDT.

Every Volvo truck is "identified" by the last 6 digits of the VIN.

The Volvo parts computer will only show parts for that VIN.

Sometimes the P/N will be on the part and you can "cross reference" it to another P/N.

Be aware Volvo changes their P/N's quite often to reflect a "change" of some sort with a certain part.

Google will become your best friend when looking for parts and the best prices!

Napa can use you VIN to "cross reference" Volvo P/N's to a "generic" P/N

Next time you go to your local Volvo dealer ask the parts/service guy to print out a build sheet for your truck.

Here is an example of a "google" search using a "Fleetguard" P/N for the A/C air filter element.

http://www.advantagetruckparts.com/volvo-truck-parts/volvo-cabin-air-filter-20435801-af26405/

You have 2 of these on your truck.

Shocks are a bit more personalized..... I have a 12.5 K Air-TEC front suspension on my truck and I use a Monroe P/N 65497

Rear shocks are also Monroe P/N 65494

I "cheat" when I visit my local dealer's parts department.....I stop by on Sunday's when it's usually slow and I can ask lots of questions, I always bring some donuts to share....

Hope this helps.....

Ok, so donuts are number 1. Got it. I was looking for part numbers for the cabin filters, one in the dash is dirty but not bad. The filter for the rear HVAC system looks original, it may not have ever been changed. I am looking at replacing the front shocks, b ut not sure which from end I have. It does have the air bag front suspension but this is where my lack of experience will enter. I have the mechanical knowledge and many tools from my previous job, that is why I would like to find the part numbers and search for the least expensive price.

I will have to get a hold of a box of donus and then a build sheet, soon! Thank you for the information, I appreciate it.

Shane

The filter part number is the one I mentioned in the above post. (AF26405). It fits in both places, at the firewall and under the bench.

If you have the air ride front suspension the front shock number is also one that will fit your truck.

A build sheet will not give you " part numbers" of individual parts just the major components that were spec'd for the truck.

If you ever tried to navigate the Volvo Parts Catalog, you will appreciate a knowledgeable parts person. When ever I needed something for the Volvo, I contacted Mike at GATR in Minnesota. I would describe what I was looking for and he would find it.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

MrSeas, that answers one question. Wasn't sure if they were the same filter or not. A build sheet is a good to have just in case. I will probably use your connection Mark and Dale. Always good to have someone who knows what you are looking for.

Shane

Archived