Unlimited 3G

moisheh

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would I know that the price changed?

Call 888-294-6804 and at the prompt put in the phone number for your device. It will tell you when you need to add money and how much. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

Call 888-294-6804 and at the prompt put in the phone number for your device. It will tell you when you need to add money and how much. Chuck

Thanks, Chuck. Got it and balance is $5 due on January 28, 2017. Next question is: have you been successful in making a payment and via what means?

I am amazed at how well 3G works. Even utube videos work quite well. A little buffering now and than but overall satisfactory.

See you are Chuck and Susan. We are Dick and Susan.

Dick

I just checked mine and it still says $5 balance also due on Dec 11th? Would it say $10 balance if you owed more?

I used a link earlier in the thread and bought 2 pins from this place - http://www.callingmart.com/products/wireless/ProductDetail?ID=529&name=Verizon-Data-Plan

They called to verify after my order, and then I received the e-mail in minutes with the new pin#'s. I'll try one of those before Dec 11th and see what happens.

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Thanks, Chuck. Got it and balance is $5 due on January 28, 2017. Next question is: have you been successful in making a payment and via what means?

I am amazed at how well 3G works. Even utube videos work quite well. A little buffering now and than but overall satisfactory.

See you are Chuck and Susan. We are Dick and Susan.

Dick

Mine is now due on December 18. I'm not sure why it went to $10.00 while others still say $5.00. Anyway, I bought a data card at Family Dollar, you can find them online or other places, called the 888 number, followed the prompts and gave the pin number off the card. Payment applied. Chuck

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

I refilled my 3g Verizon plan today using a $5 PIN. My renew date was Dec 14 but decided to do it early just to see what happens. My renew date went from Dec 14 to Jan 9. My balance went from $10 to zero. It appears it's best to wait until the end date to renew. I did my previous renewal one day before the end date.

On a disturbing note, a new message has appeared:

"As of December 29 My Verizon services will no longer be accessible for your device".

It also states that to manage your service, use your computer to access your account or manage it directly from your device.

I don't know if this applies to my account only or the whole system. I will renew on Dec 28 which will take me to the end of Jan.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

I refilled my 3g Verizon plan today using a $5 PIN. My renew date was Dec 14 but decided to do it early just to see what happens. My renew date went from Dec 14 to Jan 9. My balance went from $10 to zero. It appears it's best to wait until the end date to renew. I did my previous renewal one day before the end date.

On a disturbing note, a new message has appeared:

"As of December 29 My Verizon services will no longer be accessible for your device".

It also states that to manage your service, use your computer to access your account or manage it directly from your device.

I don't know if this applies to my account only or the whole system. I will renew on Dec 28 which will take me to the end of Jan.

Thanks for that additional info. Appears as if a new renewal date starts from the date of payment.

I have not received any messages pertaining to the Verizon 3G service. Where did the message show up? On the device, email. Etc.?

When you call the Verizon phone number to renew service a voice prompt will state your end date and balance. She then makes the statement about Dec 29,

Tom
—————————————————
Minneapolis, MN

"My Verizon" is the online account site that I use to manage my regular Verizon 4G/LTE Jetpack service. I've never tried to set up my 3G flashed Jetpack on it, so I guess I won't miss it for that. I see nothing on the My Verizon site or on my account indicating an upcoming general shut down of the site so apparently the notice only applies to specific devices.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

When you call the Verizon phone number to renew service a voice prompt will state your end date and balance. She then makes the statement about Dec 29,

I called the Verizon number and indeed, a statement was made at the end about discontinuing service on Dec. 29. I agree. It is disturbing and I am not sure what to make of this or what to do if anything.

The recording Has conflicting statements in that it requests payment by due date and than goes on to state that service will be discontinued on Dec. 29.

Guess I will just wait and see what happens.

It doesn't say service will be discontinued. It says "As of December 29 MyVerizon services will no longer be accessible for your device".

I think this means that accessing your account via telephone will no longer work.

Tom
—————————————————
Minneapolis, MN

It does not say your service will be discontinued. It says you will not be able to access myverizon, the online way to a pay your bill and see what your data usage is. This is all that is being discontinued and ONLY for the device your calling in for. This means that the only way you will be able to renew your payment or get your data usage is through the 888 number. Chuck

"MyVerizon" is VZW's online website for subscriber account maintenance. I get no such message for my 6620L 4G/LTE Jetpack, just for the flashed 3G only Jetpack when phoning in.

Dutch

I just paid mine today. It now says my balance is $10 for January so I guess it did go up. I did not get the message others got about MyVerizon not being available for my device, but I never did anything online with my device either?

Did anyone else get an e-mail/account setup to pay/view invoices at Mobile Solutions? I got the e-mail, set up my account, but I have no invoices or nothing due even though mine was just due. I wonder if they are still working on getting it setup? I did notice they have an autopay setup. That would would sure be nice instead of having to do this manually all the time.

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

I get monthly invoices from Mobile Solutions for my AT&T unlimited 4G/LTE service, but I haven't had one due yet since setting up the new account. The invoice has been a few days late sometimes...

Dutch

• 1 month later...

Just paid my refill today with a Verizon card and it accepted the card but still says I owe and did not change to the new date. Sometimes this seems like more trouble than it's worth. Chuck

It's still a puzzle for me on how the renewal process works. Here's my experience using the phone-in process so far. I added $5 each time.

Paid on Nov 13. Service renewal date Dec 14.
Paid on Dec 10. Service renewal date Jan 9. Balance $0. Renewed early to see what happens.
Paid on Dec 22. Service renewal date Jan 9. Balance $5. I don't recall why I did this so early.
Paid on Dec 28. Service renewal date Jan 9. Balance $10. I did this because of the message stating MyVerizon services will no longer be accessible for your device.
Checked status Jan 10 and message says account expiration date Mar 14. Balance $10. No mention of renewal date.

So far my service is still working. If my service ends early, I will try using one of the eBay sellers services. They will renew service for about $6 a month.

Worst case, I will have my Jetpack reprogrammed by one of eBay sellers. Typical charge is about $40 and includes two months service.

Tom
—————————————————
Minneapolis, MN

My renewal date is today and I added the $10.00, which has now totaled $15.00 in the last two days, just so i does not expire. Every time I add money, the balance doubles. It nows says my balance is $20.00 and the renewal date stayed today. I guess I will wait and see, but this is a problem with Verizon and I see no way to contact them for customer service for these devices. Chuck

It's still a puzzle for me on how the renewal process works. Here's my experience using the phone-in process so far. I added $5 each time.

Paid on Dec 28. Service renewal date Jan 9. Balance $10. I did this because of the message stating MyVerizon services will no longer be accessible for your device.

Checked status Jan 10 and message says account expiration date Mar 14. Balance $10. No mention of renewal date

Normal behavior. Here are the missing pieces as far as I can tell:

1. The actual monthly cost of the grandfathered 3g unlimited plan is is $15. It takes $15 to renew the account.
  2. If you don't pay the full $15 next month phone/sms is cut off. We don't care about that; we only want the data.
  3. If you pay $5 month the data stays active for some reason. But $5 is not enough to renew so it sits there in Balance in perpetuity or until it accrues to $15 (see #5 below)
  4. If you don't pay at all you lose the number in N days, 90 I think.
  5. If you do pay the $15 again (either directly or by 3 months accrual of $5) the account is "renewed", the balance zeroed, and the expiration date reset.

We are exploiting the fact that $5 a month keeps the data flowing and keeps (barely) ahead of the account expiration date.

--

2017 Promaster 159" , 570W mono, 220AH FLA

blog | RVwiki project

Normal behavior. Here are the missing pieces as far as I can tell:

• The actual monthly cost of the grandfathered 3g unlimited plan is is $15. It takes $15 to renew the account.
  • If you don't pay the full $15 next month phone/sms is cut off. We don't care about that; we only want the data.
  • If you pay $5 month the data stays active for some reason. But $5 is not enough to renew so it sits there in Balance in perpetuity or until it accrues to $15 (see #5 below)
  • If you don't pay at all you lose the number in N days, 90 I think.
  • If you do pay the $15 again (either directly or by 3 months accrual of $5) the account is "renewed", the balance zeroed, and the expiration date reset.
We are exploiting the fact that $5 a month keeps the data flowing and keeps (barely) ahead of the account expiration date.

This plan provides me with Unlimited (I use a couple/month) gigs of data at a low cost. Do not wish to lose it. As I am due for payment in about a week, seems as if it would be best to pay $15 vice the $5 to insure it stays active. Is that correct?

It has always been my understanding that $5.00 per month keeps the unlimited data service active. That is how every service out there is sold. Everything else just seems to confuse the issue for many. Chuck

This plan provides me with Unlimited (I use a couple/month) gigs of data at a low cost. Do not wish to lose it. As I am due for payment in about a week, seems as if it would be best to pay $15 vice the $5 to insure it stays active. Is that correct?

As long as you get in the $5 you should be fine.

--

blog | RVwiki project

Everything else just seems to confuse the issue for many. Chuck

Perhaps. An overview of this thread (or the one on CRVL) suggests the confusion pre-exists my documentation of the process. It's not like we can call up Verizon and ask them how to game the system, right? We are trying to fly under the radar.

I think having clear and correct information is valuable. If that is repugnant it is easy enough to add me to the ignore filter. I won't be offended.

--

blog | RVwiki project

Archived