Interesting Peterbilt

noteven

Neat ideas but I have a question. It's been almost 30 years since I drove big rigs. Those, even with air ride, still shook the frame tremendously. Is that still the case? Will the truck camper and/or the trailer be able to withstand the bounce and shaking of being directly tied to the frame?

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

"Kevin H" Neat ideas but I have a question. It's been almost 30 years since I drove big rigs. Those, even with air ride, still shook the frame tremendously. Is that still the case? Will the truck camper and/or the trailer be able to withstand the bounce and shaking of being directly tied to the frame?

I can't answer for other HDTs but I have a Volvo 730, singled long, that rides on airbags. I would have no hesitation about mounting a camper on the back. The Volvo would barely notice the weight and the ride would not harm either the camper nor its contents. I have never had a CD skip while driving on paved highways and have not experienced any problems with the cargo I carry in the large bins I had made where the lead rear axle used to be. However, an HDT on a washboard dirt road would be miserable.

John McLaughlin

2010 Volvo 730, D13, I-shift, singled and decked

2014 Lifestyle 38' Fifth Wheel

Archived