Broke Leaf Spring - Mobile Repair Help

ddrueckh

Matt at American Mobile RV service has good reviews, but are you sure you need a mobile RV service and not a truck repair mechanic?

https://www.yelp.com/biz/american-mobile-rv-service-reno

Phone number (775) 315-1870

http://www.americanmobilervservice.com/

There's also John's Spring Services & Iron, 455 Sunshine Ln, Reno, NV 89502, (775) 329-6159 but that looks more like a M-F business. With this being a holiday weekend it may be tough to get this done quick - good luck!

fuso.jpg.b3c0d8d35ed0a147efc1900170d393e5.jpg

Do you have either Coachnet or Good Sam Tow service? If so, they should be able to call someone that could fix your problem.

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

I would lean towards calling a suspension place . They can make a leaf to fit. An RV place will have to order one.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Ranch stores usually carry trailer leaf springs. If they have something close, although the holes should measure the same, it would get you to a better location. I wouldn't worry about the number of leafs to get off the road. Tractor Supply, Cal Ranch, Big R come to mind. I've changed them in rest areas but I carried a spare.

Ranch stores usually carry trailer leaf springs. If they have something close, although the holes should measure the same, it would get you to a better location. I wouldn't worry about the number of leafs to get off the road. Tractor Supply, Cal Ranch, Big R come to mind. I've changed them in rest areas but I carried a spare.

Good advice. I was never clear on the capabilities of the OP. Perhaps there were physical or skill limitations that made it hard to self-rescue. From the very brief descriptions I saw I was not able to glean a great deal of info, but I hope that they were able to figure something out and get on back down the road.

fuso.jpg.b3c0d8d35ed0a147efc1900170d393e5.jpg

The springs on both sides of one axle broke, and Coach Net arranged a tow with a big wrecker to a spring shop. The spring bundle on my 5th wheel is pretty common, and the spring shop had them in stock. They modified the springs a bit to strengthen the spring pack, and I was on my way. The tough part was buying 2 new tires that were consumed by the broken springs.

2014 Redwood 36RE

2013 RAM SLT DRW, Cummins, ASIN

2001 Dodge SLT Cummins

Archived