5r weighing issue

Any smart weigh gurus out there? I recently went to a public scale to weigh. I asked if I could do each side separately and was given the go ahead. When I got the ticket it only showed 2axels. I was told even though I had each axel on a separate scale pad that they couldn't do each axel separately. I'm quite always away from a smart weigh location. Any thoughts?

2015 Cardinal 3850RL

F350 KingRanch using B&W Companion Hitch

And my funny little dog

DOVES Member

Makes me wonder about the scale operator. What scale did you weigh on and where located? It is possible as there are scales that only give one weight. But with two axle weights and 4 axles? That is really strange. Do the weights add up to a reasonable amount for the total of your truck and trailer? Might it be that you have a weight for the truck and one for the trailer?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

This Cat Scale page might be some help with the axle splits, but won;t help with the side to side.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

I had an opportunity to weigh the rig today. Scales were closed, Holiday. Anyway the kitchen or non door side is 900 lbs heavier than the diningroom slide. It is 3' longer and houses the residential fridge, cabinets and Corian tops. I don't think there is any way to equalize the weights. There isn't enough stuff to move that would make 450 lbs difference. Maybe it's supposed to be like that and made to take the weight.

Input?

My 40' Travel Supreme is 1000 heavier on the street side which has three slides and the kitchen. You are right there is not much you can do to balance the weight. But the heavy side will determine the tire load rating you need and the pressure that is needed.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I went to a cat scale and re weighed. 5040 front axel. 6700 rear and 12740 trailer. According to ford my f350 max gcvw is 23,000. I'm 24,480. 1400 too heavy. I'm a full timer but not a pack rat. New truck or loose some weight? Guess the washer dryer I wanted is out of the question. ?

2015 Cardinal 3850RL

F350 KingRanch using B&W Companion Hitch

And my funny little dog

DOVES Member

I went to a cat scale and re weighed. 5040 front axel. 6700 rear and 12740 trailer. According to ford my f350 max gcvw is 23,000. I'm 24,480. 1400 too heavy. I'm a full timer but not a pack rat. New truck or loose some weight? Guess the washer dryer I wanted is out of the question.

Check the DW'S SHOE collection, I have to keep an eye on mine.

John

2017 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7 4.10 B&W hitch

2017 DRV MS 36RSSB3

We had the very same problem with weight and F350. We moved to a F350 DRW and it solved the problem- at least as far as GCW is concerned.

Rick & Mary Sorensen

Molly - Boston Terrier

2016 Ford F350 DRW 6.8 L diesel

2016 Mobile Suites 36RSSDB3

Full Timers w/ SD Residency

While driving through RURAL AMERICA, keep you eyes open for "Elevators" IE: tall, multi-round usually cement structures that look a lot like gigantic paper towel rollers. These are usually situated near (very near) railroad tracks.

They will have a rectangular weight area. You can (usually) drive each wheel onto the weight area while leaving the others OFF of the scale.

If not, with a 5-er you can roll front tire, weigh--next two together, and if applicable, three tires. Then turn around and do the opposite. This method requires some addin' and subtractin'.

On a MH I can drive each wheel(s) on the scale. In Texas, they are more than happy to help you out with the job. In my home town, they charge $ 5.00 that goes into the morning DONUT kitty. If you get there early enough, you cn even get in on the donuts and coffee.

Just be polite and try to act like a "good ole boy". ;~))

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

Archived