How to monitor ReadyBoost performance in Windows 10

RV_

Shows how to modify views to monitor ReadyBoost in the performance monitor built into Windows 10.

Excerpt:

"Just how much is ReadyBoost optimizing your system's disk performance? Here's a look at how to use Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor to nail down the specifics.

In last week's post, Is ReadyBoost still an effective tool in Windows 10?, I pointed out that unless you are running Windows 10 on an SSD, ReadyBoost can help improve disk performance. I described how ReadyBoost works and showed you how to set it up. As I ended my examination, I mentioned that it's important to realize that the performance gain provided by using ReadyBoost is subjective and will depend on what kind of applications you run on your computer and what type of data you typically work with.

Fortunately, you can monitor ReadyBoost performance in Windows 10 to find out. Let's take a closer look.

My test system

I recently performed a clean install of 64-bit Windows 10 Pro on an older ASUS F3 with an AMD Turion 64 X2, 80GB hard disk, and 1GB of RAM. This is the system on which I have been experimenting with ReadyBoost. Since it really highlights a use case for ReadyBoost, I'll use that system for this article."

More with live links to the previous articles and screenshots that make it easy are in the full article here: http://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-monitor-readyboost-performance-in-windows-10/

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived