Two Good Tablet Prices Today.

RV_

On Woot I found two new tablets at great prices:

A new 8" tablet for $119.99. Unlike the 1GB 32 bit tablets that will not support Windows 10 after July, these have the minimums and are new not refurbished.

Toshiba WT8-B264 Encore 2 8" Tablet, Intel Z3735G Quad-Core, 64GB Internal Storage, 2GB RAM, 802.11n, Bluetooth, Win 8.1 32-Bit.

720p HD not full 1080p. But heck it has 64 GB storage/SSD and 2GB of RAM making this as a new Windows tablet a best buy for the year that I have seen. Lots of these buys are because the tablets and computers came with Windows 8/8.1 not 10 originally and after this month, despite rumors that MS will keep 10 free beyond the free year of upgrade end in next month, I have seen no indication of it. So after next month these units will be worth even less as it will cost over $100 to buy Windows 10 for them.

Woot used to be one day only. But since Amazon took them over they have a lot of things for several days or until sold out. These are three more days left.

You may hate these or love them but the specs are great for the price. As always, Caveat Emptor: http://computers.woot.com/offers/toshiba-encore-2-8-64gb-windows-tablet-8?ref=cp_cnt_wp_22_10

And the 10.1" with these specs HP Pro 610-G1 Tablet, 10.1" Full-HD IPS Touchscreen, Intel Z3795 Quad-Core 1.59GHz, 4GB DDR3, 64GB eMMC Solid State Drive, 802.11n, Bluetooth, Win8Pro for $249.99

I have the Z3795 and it is the top of the Z3700 series Atom line. The Pro Windows is 64 bit as well as having 4GB of RAM. That means when the Windows 8 is upgraded before next month it will be Windows 10 Pro too. I have not been a fan of HP tablets, and I do not like 10.1" preferring the 11.6" size. But these specs are terrific for the price. Here: http://computers.woot.com/offers/hp-pro-610-g1-10-1-intel-quad-core-tablet?ref=cp_cnt_wp_22_4

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Wow they are not sold out. They are still there for three more days or until sold out.

Next month there may be even more reductions on old stock, brand new Windows computers in every form factor (Desktop, laptop, tablet) that have Windows 8 or 8.1 on them. But to run Windows 10 it will take an additional $100-160.00 purchase of Windows 10.

As a side comment, I believe it will be funny to watch if Microsoft does indeed stop giving away Windows 10. Right now we have folks making a big fuss over how MS is forcing Windows 10 on them. After the free offer is over, I expect the very same people later attacking Microsoft for not keeping it free forever! :wacko:

I do think Microsoft did alienate some users with their forced upgrades. When Apple switched from the Power PC chipsets and processors to the Windows developed PC chipsets by Intel, none of the software people owned at the time were compatible with the new Macs in 2005/6. Worse Apple stopped supporting the Power PC hardware for any security updates or other support. We saw little uproar comparatively.

Windows 8/8.1/10 stayed compatible with almost all previous software that ran on Windows 7, which ran most of the software from XP in use at the time 7 appeared. So MS did not just change systems with no warning like Apple did in 2005 dropping the PowerPC chipsets seemingly overnight.

Personally I liked Windows XP, hated Vista as slooooow for updates, loved Windows 7, then 8 with a touchscreen, at the time the only way to easily learn it, until 8.1,which was more compatible with desktop and laptop non touch form factors. Then Windows 10 came out and personally I think it is the best iteration of Windows yet! It is still powerful enough to satisfy the Power user and programmers and hardware fans, yet is getting simpler with an actually usable start button, for the less inclined to redesign their GUI and integrate their own hardware combinations.

But that is for another thread of its own.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Still there today!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Archived