Propane Level check device ...Blue Tooth

Is anyone using this device to see propane levels

Looks like a great device.

I'm currentl;y using a TRUMA Level Check

but it requires taking the cover off the tanks which I'd like to find an easier method.

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

I have it, got it at the Tampa RV show in January. Seems to work fine. I needed one of their people to walk me thru calibrating it. The sponge spacers provided fall off the rim on the bottom of the tank so best get some RV door gasket and stick it on the bars under the tank. The tank needs to be isolated from metal under, I think. Also make sure it is located correctly on the bottom of the tank. I put the receiver in the electrical panel.

• 2 weeks later...

Beware the Truma Level Check.

I purchased one from the manufacturer's website.

It is a piece of junk that didn't work from the get go.

Following the directions to the letter, I tried to use it to check the level of several different full tanks. It read empty on all, except for one instance when it correctly indicated full, but only for a moment. Next time I check, it shows empty.

I called the manufacturer hoping for a refund. The representative I talked to seemed amazed that it didn't work. She offered to e-mail me a return authorization form I could use to return it and receive a refund for the product and shipping (not cheap at $81 total). Well, I never received the authorization. I called again and was told it would be sent, but it never was, and no reply of any kind. They have my e-mail and phone number. I guess they were just trying to get me off the phone.

I notice their website has no place for product reviews, and now I can see why.

My recourse is to dispute the charges when they show up on my credit card, which I will do.

In any event, I advise y'all to stay away from this useless hunk of garbage, and the phony offer of refund.

Sorry for the rant, but I've had it with lack of service and lies from crummy companies on the market these days.

Beware the Truma Level Check.

Hmm. Mine works perfectly. You DO have to ensure the device is level and sensor pressed firmly to the tank, but has never failed me. The first dozen or so times I double checked it with a tank scale and it proved to be highly accurate.

As Roy said.. it's a little bit of a bother to have to remove the tank cover to get a reading, but it's sure more convenient than having to loosen and tighten a tank for weighing. I'm extremely pleased with mine. It's great to have accurate daily readings to really see what you're 'actually' burning and takes a lot of guesswork out of planning a refill.

I haven't really seen any of the AP sensors in action, so can't comment, but there doesn't seem to be much out there in the way of reviews and did notice that a couple of places have them listing as "clearance sale" items. Not enough demand to justify the cost? Failing to meet expectations? Dunno.

If it works as advertised, that's a whole 'nother level of monitoring that I would bet a lot of full/most-timers would really appreciate.

Has anyone used the Camco add-on gauge? I have thought of replacing my old magnetic with one of these.

Personally, given those 2 choices, I would stick with your magnetic strip. It's much more accurate and gives you the ability to check actual LP levels at any given time.

The main problem I see with those pressure type gauges is that they really only tell you when you're "full" (probably), "low" (really?? Oh.. nope!) or "you're out of fuel in 5 minutes". You've been in the game long enough to know how much 'at valve' pressures can vary based on ambient temps and temp variations that occur when a tank is actually in use. Gauges like that will fluctuate up and down accordingly with no real basis on how much LP is actually in your tank.

Some folks have mentioned that the additional restriction has caused problems with higher demand LP devices. Personally, I think it's all in their head since regs just aren't 'that' sensitive to pressure fluctuations from the tank. More than likely a regulator issue, but it's not uncommon to hear folks mention that.

Sitting static, taking into account the local temps and recent usage.. it'll give a fairly "ok" idea of where you sit. Is it more convenient that pouring a little warm water.. likely.. but with your strip.. you'll KNOW a 1/4 tank is a 1/4 tank. IMO, if you're tank didn't come with one there just isn't enough practical benefit to justify the cost.

For the 20 bucks.. I'd rather eat steak. ;)

Has anyone used the Camco add-on gauge? I have thought of replacing my old magnetic with one of these.

41+fkkg6yoL._AC_US160_.jpg

I use one on the separate 20lb tank we carry for the grill. Works as advertised. For our situation though we don't have enough room in the compartment for 2 of the gauges and for them to be readable.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

• 2 weeks later...

Truma has been good to me, and, as I have two RV's, a propane fired fireplace in the S&B and a grill in the garage...... it's all over the place giving me answers.

What does "it's all over the place giving me answers" mean ?

Do you mean it gives inconsistent results, or it works in various locations?

Archived