Recommendation for engine work around greater Houston

GlennWest

Not something immediately needed but my Detroit 14L has more blow by than I am comfortable with. It will get a oily wet spot on ground from vent pipe if idle for some time. I will be getting an inframe later and would like a recommendation on a dealer. I don't have a lot in this truck and I am not really disappointed. Sorta figured this would be.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Glenn,

I thought you were interested in truck repair work, not RV repair work. Alan has done an outstanding job of taking care of truck type maintenance on my motor home, quickly, accurately and at a reasonable cost. Especially when I needed Allison tranny work.

He can do in-frame, engine replacement, brakes, seals, suspension parts, air system, the works if it is on a big truck.

Trash trucks are money making machines. They are serviced at places where the owner thinks he will get value for his money. So full of trash trucks is a great recommendation to me. You make the call for your work.

The way you stated it sounded like someone who take jobs and drags there feet fixing them. Reminded me of my cousin in NC. He always had lots of vehicles around his place. I wouldn't take my car to him. What made you think I needed RV work? No I'm talking about my Freightliner

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Sorry for the confusion. Plus I would like to add, think you will be pleased to know Alan. He is a real straight up person, no BS and lots of smarts from years of experience. Many loyal trucking customers as a result.

Now if you want a referral to a nicer appearing place that does trashy work, I can send you there too. I can assure you, more will be broken after their fix that what you brought to them.

All the best in your repair.

Archived