Easy outside USB charging ports...

I wanted to be able to charge my devices while I'm sitting outside under the awning. The easiest method was with this device.

TOPGREENER TU21548A 4.8A Duplex USB Charger Outlet

Simply replaced my duplex with this device...Done!

IMG_1420-vi.jpg

Upgraded High Speed Charging Tech: World's First Smart Ultra-High Speed Dual USB Charging In Wall at 4.8 Amp, 24W, 5VDC

Charging-Smart Technology: Dual "Smart" USB Ports Precisely "Read" the Power Need then Maximize Charging Efficiency

Design Innovation: Interchangeable Face Cover. 3 Color Face Cover Included: White, Black, Light Almond

Two TR Tamper-Resistant Outlets enhance electrical safety, preventing the attempting to insert objects into the outlet; Meets 2011 NEC

Compatibility USB 1.1/2.0/3.0 devices, 2 USB ports total 4.8 Amp, 5VDC; Two TR Receptacles 15 Amp/125VAC; UL lsted; 2 years warranty; Back & side wiring easy installation. Wall plate not included

About $20 on amazon

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

Couple comments:

1. It appears you removed a GFCI receptacle to install the USB style. Bad idea, unless you added a GFI breaker to the panel feeding that circuit.

2. Those USB power ports are live, as long as 120 power is applied to the circuit. When trying to reduce "phantom loads" during boondocking times, this is a negative outcome. I prefer the pug-in style power supply, so I can control when and where it's used.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

1. It appears you removed a GFCI receptacle to install the USB style. Bad idea, unless you added a GFI breaker to the panel feeding that circuit.

Nope...It is simply GFI protected from the outlet next to the sink, inside. Standard, crappy, RV outlet with push on wire connection that was barely making contact when I removed it!

2. Those USB power ports are live, as long as 120 power is applied to the circuit. When trying to reduce "phantom loads" during boondocking times, this is a negative outcome. I prefer the pug-in style power supply, so I can control when and where it's used.

When I'm hooked up to outside power, I really don't care about a few mW of phantom drain.

But thanks for your concerns......it's appreciated.

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

rb, Ive seen those and as your exterior (as typical) receptacle is GFCI protected from the load terminal on your bathroom GFCI receptacle, it looks great to me. Also, it appears to have some degree of "smart" charging technology I highly recommend. I have seen instances where 12 VDC automotive cigarette lighter to 5 VDC USB charge ports (NOT so smart) have overcharged devices.

John T

Archived