Office 365

LindaH

I solved the problem by changing all Office 365 word processing and spreadsheet files to MSWorks files. I've used MSWorks for years and years and it does everything I need in the way of word processing and spreadsheets.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Good job Linda. Glad you got something you liked working. :D

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 6 months later...

How 'bout this:

I have an older version of Office that fills my requirements. When I upgraded to Windows 10, any e-mail I received now with an attached file with a .DOC extension cannot be opened. A pop up says that I must buy Office to open that file. Since I already own a copy (came with the Windows 7 machine) I do not want to buy another version. What can a cheepo operator do/

Any advice appreciated.

Catfish

I just came across this thread as my computer is turning off on its own and fixes don't seem to be working. I have backed up everything on an external hard drive but am pretty sure I will be buying a new one when we park for the winter and debating which way I want to go. I use Outlook for my email and calendar but can get by with OpenOffice word processing and spread sheeting. I am not really comfortable having my documents in the "cloud" under someone elses control but I may have to shift my paradigm.

In the mean time when I want to open a document in an email from a known source I open my office program first, then save the document to my computer then go back to the office program and file open.

Another way is to save the document then go to File Explorer right click and you should get an option for "open with" and you can select your existing office program.

Hope that makes sense.

Deleted. Didn't realize I was answering a post on page one.

Clay(WA5NMR), Lee(Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timed for eleven years in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Snowbirds for 1 year. Now settled down in western CO.
Honda Accord toad.

Archived