Millenicom returns sort of

Hello,

I find the site linked by the OP very, very fishy: the main domain (wix.com) isn't Millenicom nor any kind of cell carrier, it's just a free website provider where anyone can put up any website, even one impersonating someone else, for example a scammer posing as Millenicom.

I would not enter *any* kind of personal information, much less credit card data, in such a site.

Cheers,

--

Vall.

Getting ready to join the RV full-time lifestyle in 2017!

We've been in communication with Millenicom for the past few weeks as they've been firming up the details of the plan. The link Gord has provided is actually just a temporary mock-up they are using to give their developer to design the real site, and was spread pre-maturely.

However, the pricing of the plans displayed there are the current terms they are offering during their soft launch (and they are able to take orders.)

We conferred with Millenicom last evening after we got several inquiries based on this posting, and have decided to run our story this morning with the details as we know them.

You can find that here: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/millenicom-is-back-with-new-t-mobile-powered-plans/

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

If I was them; I believe I would have changed the name of the business! B) Got a quite a bad Rep from many previous users! I have Cricket; 10 GB data at LTE and then 3G unlimited; unlimited calls and text for $70.00 w/hotspot. AT&T has enough coverage for me and if I get to an area with no coverage my RV has wheels! :P

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

Hello Cherie,

The link Gord has provided is actually just a temporary mock-up they are using to give their developer to design the real site, and was spread pre-maturely.

Thanks for the update, and glad to hear the fishy website was not a scam after all.

<technical sysadmin raving>

But, how unprofessional of Millenicom and/or its site developers to do it that way... If they really didn't want it divulged, they should have put it up behind a firewall and accessible by their (presumably outsourced) developers, or anyone else "on the outside", via a VPN. Heck, even a simple HTTP BasicAuth password (a one-line, 5-minute change in the webserver configuration) would have prevented that. And if they did want it divulged (or simply didn't care), they should at least have placed that "wireframe" under a site in their own domain so it wouldn't smell fishy as hell like it did...

</technical sysadmin raving>

Anyway, I hope that the rest of their operations (specially their telecom and record-keeping and private information safeguarding parts) are more professional than that... :-\

Cheers,

--

Vall.

Getting ready to join the RV full-time lifestyle in 2017!

• 3 months later...

Mellenicom claims they will ride other vendors towers when there is no T Mobile tower service available. Can any one confirm? (specifically the hotspot device, not the phone is my interest)

We've been in communication with Millenicom for the past few weeks as they've been firming up the details of the plan. The link Gord has provided is actually just a temporary mock-up they are using to give their developer to design the real site, and was spread pre-maturely.

However, the pricing of the plans displayed there are the current terms they are offering during their soft launch (and they are able to take orders.)

We conferred with Millenicom last evening after we got several inquiries based on this posting, and have decided to run our story this morning with the details as we know them.

You can find that here: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/millenicom-is-back-with-new-t-mobile-powered-plans/

- Cherie

Dan - SKP club member

Mellenicom claims they will ride other vendors towers when there is no T Mobile tower service available. Can any one confirm? (specifically the hotspot device, not the phone is my interest)

T-Mobile does have roaming agreements with other carriers. However, they have a pretty restrictive caps on roaming data usage. I would not imagine Millenicom's agreements with T-Mobile gets around this, and nor have we heard them make any such claims.

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Archived