Best place to replace MH shades

Dykman

• 3 weeks later...

You asked about 'replacement' shades so I assume you want the same kind you have now. If they're the day/night pleated shades any window covering store can help you, including Home Depot, etc. There's also a company called 'Blinds to Go'. Good Luck!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I got MCD shades from a dealer in Phoenix a couple of months ago. (If you go online or call the factory, they will give you trained dealers who can order and install.) The ones I got are the dual roller shades--one vinyl that you cannot see through for night privacy and one black mesh that blocks the sun during the day but allows you to see through them. They are much nicer than the pleated shades and there are no strings to break or have to constantly be restringing.

While they are expensive, they are very well made, and I love the black mesh shades in particular. Both are much heavier than the ones you buy for your home. You can measure and install yourself, or do what I did, which was to get the dealer to do the measuring and then go back in three weeks to get them installed.

Archived