Potential serious fridge issue?

Just turned off my Dometic fridge with the on/off button. According to the manual, that button cuts power, both a/c and d/c, to the fridge.

Yet the 12v fan is still running. Is there some safety feature that won't allow the fridge to shut down until the boiler has cooled? Nothing in the manual about that....

Ya just can't RV without a hitch.....!

It may be wired to leave the fan under thermostat control. I would give it a bit of time and see if the fan stops. The on/off does not remove the 12V power it only powers down the circuits from operation but power is available so it could leave the fan to run until things cool. I'd need to look at the schematic to be sure.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I believe some of the fans are added by the RV manufacturer and those may be completely independence of the refrigerator power switch. Many units installed in slideouts probably did not come from Norcold or Dometic with fans and, therefore, had fans installed by the RV builder. I am not an expert but I stayed in a RV last night.....

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

On mine in cool weather I never hear the fan come on but in very hot weather it will come on and sometimes run all day. Whenever possible in hot weather I try to position my 5th so the fridg slideout doesn't get the afternoon Sun

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

Archived