What would happen IF you tried to registered this in the Golden State?

Dollytrolley

Just wondering if a toter home such as this rig would be able to be registered in California.

https://bend.craigslist.org/rvs/5506812451.html

At what point does a vehicle become a motor home in Califirnia?

The description sure sounds like a RV.........

Price reduced to $XX,000! Haul your Horses, Toys, or Cars in style! 32ft Freightliner C120 Conversion Coach 1999 powered by a 470-hp Detroit Diesel Series 60 engine w/ an Easton-Fuller automatic transmission. Living room and Kitchen area features slide-out with leather sleeper sofa, 25 in.TV/DVD/Theater system, 3 burner propane stove w/oven, granite counter top, stainless sink, sharp microwave, refrigerator/freezer. The bathroom has a large shower stall, toilet and vanity sink.The rear bedroom has 2 twin beds that will convert to large sleeping bed, 4 drawer dresser, cabinets, and 20 in. TV. Drivers cab has power windows, swivel seats, heated mirrors, cobra CB radio, am/fm sterio w/bluetooth, reverse back-up monitor, and Prodigy trailer brake. Updated in 2010 new 15,000 btu A/C w/heat pump, comfort controls, 2 Fan-tastic vent fans with remotes. Newly serviced with new tires, new batteries, large patio awning, tow hitch, air suspension, 114 gal fuel tank, engine brake, and a Generac 7.5 kw generator. This luxury conversion coach will haul just about anything! Mileage is at 88,372!

00j0j_hYHivhXZutY_600x450.jpg

00202_bz65VIzwoOJ_600x450.jpg

Looks like a RV.......

Is it a RV?

Drive on........(What is a 'house car" in the...... Golden State)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

No question that it can be registered as a motorhome in California since it's a fully self contained Super C.

The standard hitch has no bearing at all as to it being a commercial vehicle unlike a 5th wheel hitch would.

Should be great to haul a heavy 36' stacker trailer which would give another useable 31' of space.

Could be interesting.

John & Joyce

N6BER

32' + 36' = 68'. You can probably get away with that but most states are at 65' max RV length rig limits.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

32' + 36' = 68'. You can probably get away with that but most states are at 65' max RV length rig limits.

The Dolly-shaker with the Morgan 20 ft cargo box is 34ft 4 inches total to the hitch ball and the 30 ft toy hauler brings our exact total length to 64 ft 4 inches .......very much legal.........even at that I am amazed how many folks ask If I am over length.......

Sometimes in a tight back country road crawling along to one of the horse camps the combo seems plenty long.....

When we empty the cargo box we do have a total length of 47 feet of floor length between the two rigs......not counting the truck condo.

Drive on........(Enjoy the floor space..)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

No question that it can be registered as a motorhome in California since it's a fully self contained Super C.

The standard hitch has no bearing at all as to it being a commercial vehicle unlike a 5th wheel hitch would.

Should be great to haul a heavy 36' stacker trailer which would give another useable 31' of space.

Could be interesting.

Correct.

What would happen if you registered it in CA?

You would pay the registration plus sales tax (sales tax = about 9% of sales price).

......and be on your way with what looks like a VERY nice MH !!

If you registered it in Oregon where you live now, and then "relocated" to CA at some later date - (one year?) -

sales tax *might* be a moot issue.

Need more research on that one..

On edit, BTW - the area code listed in the Craigslist ad (949) is Orange County, CA.

(Maybe it's in CA already!)

That is a nice looking HDT. Too bad on a couple of items:

Only has 114 gal fuel tank, seems small compared to our 200 gals.

Hitch looks small, so wonder what its capacity is and if it can handle a big trailer.

And the worst thing is it looks like it was used by cowboys!

OK maybe its not the cowboys but the two single beds. I would feel like I was on the Dick Van Dyke show with the DW in one bed and me in the other and that ain't happening yet!

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

That is a nice looking HDT. Too bad on a couple of items:

Only has 114 gal fuel tank, seems small compared to our 200 gals.

Hitch looks small, so wonder what its capacity is and if it can handle a big trailer.

And the worst thing is it looks like it was used by cowboys!

OK maybe its not the cowboys but the two single beds. I would feel like I was on the Dick Van Dyke show with the DW in one bed and me in the other and that ain't happening yet!

Star,

Right on.....I think the rig was from Mayberry where all the beds are single.........geezers get lost on big beds.....

Your right on about the cowboys........I better not say anything about cowgirls........or horses.....

Trust me that hitch looks just big enough to keep any horse trailer dragging the rig back enough to keep the fuel in the tank low.......

After too many thousands flying I can tell you if get a HDT hitched up to cowboys or cowgirls or a horse....you can spend about the same amount money as a nice single engine aircraft and if the HDT becomes unhappy you might get to spend int the light-twin aircraft category.....

Of course if you get really crazy with the HDT fetish you might edge-up the to the boat category but ......then you just turn on the blender and sit in a deck chair with a adult slusheee.... the fishing rig in the pond and you have now.........arrived......life is so sweet.....priceless...

Drive on.........( Give the cow-folks some space......)

Archived