Residential Refrigerator Power

marspec2003

Just had a Samsung RF18 reefer installed in fiver. They did a nice job but I'm wanting to turn it off to wash the interior and let it dry before loading it. However, I cannot find an on/off switch. The owner's manual doesn't list one. I've unplugged it in the interim but am I missing something??

Chuck & Lola
WV
Retired USCG

2013 Ford F450/2013 Lifestyle 37RESL

I just went to an online and went through the owners guide and looked at all of the controls listed but found no power switch. :huh: That would seem to mean that you must either unplug it or turn off the circuit breaker.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I suspect it is part of the same stupid cheating the consumer trend that does not put oil drain plugs in lots of new power equipment like mowers and at least some small generators I know about so that you have to turn them completely upside down to drain the oil. I have become somewhat of a conspiracy theorist when it comes to business any more. After all they saved a lot by not installing a switch.

Now that I have ranted I have to also wonder if it is not incorporated into the temperature control. The el cheapo dorm frigs' I know about and others can be turned all the way down to an off position and it is normally marked but who knows these days. The one I have now is that way.

As for my rant I just today helped someone drain and change the oil in a fairly pricey push mower with a name brand I can't think of at the moment.

Go to the temp control and turn it as high as it will go and I think you will see a off position.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

It's not just to wash it. I am not a full timer so I empty the reefer when not travelling but leave the rig plugged in for the battery. It is not easy to get to the plug and it's not on a separate breaker. I haven't traced which circuit it's on but assume it's on the one the Norcold used. If that's the case I will use the breaker in the future.

Chuck & Lola
WV
Retired USCG

2013 Ford F450/2013 Lifestyle 37RESL

Once you find it there may be a way for you to wire in an on/off switch in the cord that is more convienent to you. I have done that on my microwave using of course wireing and switching of proper size. Actually what I did was change out the outlet to an outlet that has a switch. Of course it was a "little" bit of trouble but has been well worth it to me. It must have been over 10-12 years ago.

Archived