Basement Air Service?

I use to have a map with location indicating "UF" I believe, that indicated shops that did work on basement air. That link has changed. Does anyone have such a resource?

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

Try http://www.airxcel.com/coleman-mach/where-to-buy ... enter a zip and choose how many miles radius & you will get a list of dealers & service locations. I have learned to call first as many listed as uf tell me when I contact them "oh we don't work on the basement models."

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

Thanks for the information.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

My Wife tells me I over think things too much. But I have some thoughts about the heat pump side of the unit. I understand if its too cold it does only gas heat and sometimes will do both but I find there is no rim or reason to when one or the other will come on. And I have had mornings when the compressor will start but almost eminently stop and go to gas. Its about time for air conditioning so I am guessing once I start that I might have to start thinking about it again....

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

It's logic within the unit that decides at what temperature to turn on your LP furnace, and whether to run both or shut off the heat pump immediately. A home unit works the same way.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Here is how the basement heat pump on our Alfa fiver operates. It will operate down to about 38-40 degrees depending on the amount of humidity in the air, if the temp is lower it will defer to the gas furnace. When turning on the heat pump, check the temperature on the thermostat, move the "set temperature" for the heat pump down only 2-3 degrees below thermostat temperature. Turn on heat pump. Keep adjusting the "set heat" down approx. 3 degrees each time. If you take the "set temp" down a bunch of degrees at one time the heat pump will immediately defer to the gas furnace. We love our heat pump and basement air.

Archived