Are you dreaming of a new RV?

Kirk W

We actually own our "dream" setup right now. We just purchased our truck and fifth wheeler within the last year and a half, and hope to have everything paid off when we retire in about 3-4

years. Money being no issue- I don't think we'd change anything!

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Crew Cab Long Bed  😀

Honda eu2200i generators

Daisy May, the Golden Doodle Wonderdog

• 2 weeks later...

Winning the lottery and making choices :o ! I suspect it will not happen in this household and if it did an RV would be a reflection of that wealth just as my current RV is just that ;) ! We have camped in plush and primitive, motorhome to motorcycle and in the event of a major cash infusion from the lottery I would simply have my people talk to the factory people.

Phil, Carol, Ariel, Grey Lady, SKP# 93039

2009 Carriage Cameo

2016 Ram 2500, CTD, 4X4

With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.

http://motojavaphil.blogspot.com/

II like my 1990 Winnebago Chieftain . I would be willing to trade for a newer model that's more efficient ,but I haven't found one that's more comfy ,even at more than 3 times what I paid for the Chieftain .

This is my first ever RV I have owned and I was not sure what I might be getting into ,so I did not want to put a lot of cash into it.Now I'm glad I bought it , really enjoy it.

We've always said we'd love to have a Class B fully-contained van to pull behind our DP so that we could go "camping". We explore a lot of backroads in our CRV, and see places that we'd love to spend a night at, but at 40' and 32K lbs, we wouldn't get 1/4 mile off the pavement.

Keith & Brenda

USAF CMSgt (Ret.)
Damn Near Perfect Couple
http://dnpc.blogspot.com

We've always said we'd love to have a Class B fully-contained van to pull behind our DP so that we could go "camping". We explore a lot of backroads in our CRV, and see places that we'd love to spend a night at, but at 40' and 32K lbs, we wouldn't get 1/4 mile off the pavement.

Spotted at a fuel stop, a 40' Prevost XL 2 Slide Marathon with a Ford Sportmobile 4X4 toad. Both painted with simple light tan and beige two tone colors. Very clean looking. I had to go in and pay inside, and the mid 30's something owner of the rig was being quizzed by the person in front of him in line. Turns out his Dad convinced him and his wife to go take 5 years to travel. Bought them the rig, and is funding their trip. With the deal that at the end of 5 years the son takes over the family business so that the Dad can retire... What you could tell from hearing a 2-3 minute conversation, was that the gent was very appreciative of the opportunity his Dad was providing for him and his wife. They were almost complete with the second year. Missed part of the conversation due to noise, but it seems like his Mom had passed away suddenly, and the Dad did not want them to miss the opportunity as husband and wife to go travel and enjoy each other. It had been his Mom's and Dad's dream to do what they were doing...

He was just so down to earth sounding, and it was a slice of life story that I remember and think of from time to time.

Now that is a dream set up. Go find an 'anchor location' with your home RV (Prevost Marathon is tough living:)!), and go do your back country 'Roughing It' in the Sportsmobile... (Which I did not know was towable. Assume a transfer case, and maybe a disconnect to the rear axle? Not that familiar with the set up.)

Best to all,

Smitty

(Oh, and yes. While I like to look at Prevost XL based units. Foretravels. Newell's. We're doing fine with our just over 50K 2004 Allure - no real complaints. So we're sure not complaining:)!)

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Archived