Best way to protect laminate exterior from oxidation?

time_traveler

This is what we used and recommended when I had a boat company operating. Waxed twice a year we never had any fading or chalking on any of our hulls or decks. But you have to wax it religiously.

We primarily built offshore fishing yachts, so salt water and UV exposure was gelcoats enemy.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Marine-Ultra-Performance-9-5-Ounce/dp/B0000BVELA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455290146&sr=8-1&keywords=3m+marine+wax

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

This is what we used and recommended when I had a boat company operating. Waxed twice a year we never had any fading or chalking on any of our hulls or decks. But you have to wax it religiously.

We primarily built offshore fishing yachts, so salt water and UV exposure was gelcoats enemy.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Marine-Ultra-Performance-9-5-Ounce/dp/B0000BVELA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455290146&sr=8-1&keywords=3m+marine+wax

How did you apply it? Hand or machine? If machine, what type. I have a Porter Cable Random Orbit polisher. Is that overkill for this?

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

I use 303 on my fiberglass MH. It is really not a wax, but has a very nice shine, last a fairly long time and

has UV protection.

Just my 2 cents and an idea you might try.

I have Zero oxidation. My MH is stored outside.

Steve

LIFETIME MEMBER
2011 Born Free Class C
OR/ CA border

NEWBIE, so I have everything to learn !

Use Mothers Carnuba wax and apply by hand 2 times a year. Unit is 6 yrs old now and have had many people say it still looks like new.

Dave

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

Archived