CARCHET TPMS Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

mesa

Newbie here so bear with me please Has anyone tried this brand? Have a 22 tt gulf stream and would not not mind the extra safety but can not bring the wife to drop a lot of money on this :o Thanks

Mike Foster

2020 Transcend 221RB

2017 Chevrolet 2500 HD

20190920_161514.jpg

I haven't heard of this particular brand, but we had the Pressure Pro TPMS and I'm a firm believer in them. It's very difficult to tell when we have a flat tire on the trailer when towing, and a blown tire can do thousands of dollars of damage to your rig.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Well Carchet website is far from having any information. I would question this product until it has some time in the world.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I'm a TST guy, but have a lot of faith in the Pressure Pro as well. I would agree with Mark. little to no info about Carchet so I don't have anything to contribute about their products, but I will say... a TPMS system is not an area I would try to save money on. A blowout on a TT can be difficult to "feel" right away and can do a significant amount of damage to the trailer itself.

Of course, you'll have to determine how much towing you really do and what amount of risk you're willing to assume, but, personally, I would save up a little longer rather than going with an "unknown".

Interesting monitor. Like the others I have never heard of it. Info I found did not mention ability to handle more than 4 tires. I monitor 10. I had a TST but had problems with it ..they had great customer service. I am very happy with my current Tire Traker system.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

My TST system is one of the things on my top 10 must haves for any rv'er. Been using my 507 system for about 4 years now, still working as is, except having to change the sensor batteries about once a year. I'm surprised the built in battery in the display still works as well as it did when I first got the unit, I get a few long days of towing before I need to recharge.

Thanks for all the info guys. I will keep researching all your suggestions and hope the wife goes along with it :unsure:

If you find more information on the Carchet, do return to post it or a link to it. I've been looking at them for a while also. I've always been very particular about my tires but thus far have not chosen to spend our limited budget on a tire monitor. But at some point most folks have their luck run out so I keep looking.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

If you find more information on the Carchet, do return to post it or a link to it. I've been looking at them for a while also. I've always been very particular about my tires but thus far have not chosen to spend our limited budget on a tire monitor. But at some point most folks have their luck run out so I keep looking.

Will do Kirk

Mike Foster

2020 Transcend 221RB

2017 Chevrolet 2500 HD

20190920_161514.jpg

Archived