What electric skillet is best?

Kirk W

We replaced our electric skillet after years of use with one from Oster, about 18 months ago. The new one was supposed to have a ceramic coating that was superior to Teflon and would last for years. After a month or so the area just over the heating coils began to turn brown and a call to Oster informed us that this is normal and don't harm anything. By 1 year things were sticking to the brown areas and the inside of the skilled never looked clean, meaning that Pam was not happy! When I used it the brown didn't bother so much but things sticking to the pan, even bacon and such, made me just as unhappy as she.

Not the question is, what is the best electric frying pay out there, in your opinion, and why? We paid about $50 for the Oster and now it is trash. I saw a review online that listed a De Longhi as the best for the money. Does anyone own one of these?

I need help as the chief cook is not a happy camper! :(

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We gave up on non-stick for our electric skillets and just get stainless one that you can scrub with a stainless steel scrubber.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Kirk,

Have you introduced your cook to the Induction heating hot plates? They take up less room than an electric skillet and you won't have the "Hot Spot" from the element that the electric skillets use. If she is still using Aluminum, she won't be happy but if you have some steel or cast iron cookware you (and she ) will probably love it. Much more portable than an electric skillet too.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

NUWAVE PIC (Personel Induction Cook top) much better than an electric skillet. also the NUWAVE oven. I love that thing!

2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.

Archived