Houston area RV dealers

BarbDan17

Hi all-

We're looking for advice again. We're going to be in Galveston, TX from December 27th to Jan 3rd. We are seriously looking for our new home on wheels. We are looking for a Motorhome DP. Any recommendations on the Galveston/Houston are for RV dealerships &/or salespeople with whom you've had good experiences? Also, if we find one we want, how do we go about finding a diesel mechanic in that area to have it checked out?

Thanks in advance,

Barbara & Dan

Good evening, Barbara and Dan.

If you are in the market for "previously owned," try PPL Motorhomes (http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/)%C2'> the southwest side of Houston (I-69 and Beltway 8). They have an enormous inventory.

Best of luck with your "hunt."

Regards,

Michael

2007 Volvo VNL 670

2007 NuWa HitchHiker Champagne

Doing a quick search, I found the following service ads on the net.

RV Masters Inc. RV Survey Felton's RV Service RV Inspections.

I don't have any experience with any of these but there may be some here who have used one or more of them.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Michael-thanks, yes, we are looking for used. I wish we could afford new, but for a quality well built motorhome, only pre-owned is in our budget.

Kirk-Thanks for Tech info. Hopefully we'll find something and put that to good use.

Ken-good to know! Thank you! A bad review guides us as well as a recommendation!

Roger-thanks for the recommendation. I'm sure we'll make it there too. We're going to have a very busy week.

Hello Barbara and Dan...... Following info regards RV inspection in Houston, Texas area. Hope this helps

Corey Johnson

JQ Enterprises, Inc.

Houston, TX, USA

E-mail: corey.rvic@gmail.com

Phone: (909) 353-8625

Tim Ripplinger

Happy Trails, LLC

Houston, TX, USA

E-mail: tjripplinger@gmail.com

Phone: (701) 318-6851

There are only two kinds of people in the world.....Those who think they can, and those who think they cannot. They are both right!

You did not say what your route was to the Houston area. But Motorhomes of Texas in Nacogdoches, had a great website and sells top of the line brands, used on consignment. We have dealt with Mel Cordray. They have great photos, info and often videos of the coaches on the lot.

Downn the street is the Foretravel of Texas, and the factory has used and consignment coaches, listed on their website.

Check both sites out, before you travel to see if your next new coach is there near by in east TX. Also, either company can do almost anything to upgrade, or customize any coach, limited only by the number of bucks you want to spend.

Dave and Dolly Cobb
Arlington TX

1998 Foretravel, U-295 36', rare mid-door
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, as a toad

Tim-Thanks for the info on inspection. I don't think we'll have trouble finding a rig, but I was concerned about finding someone we could trust for the inspection.

Dave and Dolly-We'll be flying in from Chicago instead of driving. Nacogdoches may be too far of a drive for this trip, but we'll keep the tip in mind. If we don't find anything, we may just take off in our camper and drive down later. I should be retiring at the end of March, and we'll be desperate to find something at that point.

Mike and Claudia-thanks for the PPL endorsement. I think they have several potential rigs in our budget, so I'm looking forward to going in there.

Happy Holidays and safe travels to everyone.

Barbara and Dan

Archived