Damon Outlaw

nurso52

Not that model. I have known someone who had a Damon motorhome that they were not happy with but that was well before the company was sold to Thor and several years ago so it probably doen't mean very much.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Its a toyhauler and has a loft. We have a motorcycle we want to take with us and a jeep Do you know anyone that has one?

Take a look at a Class A diesel pushers and consider a hydrolift motorcycle life on the back and you can still tow the jeep. I have a 5th wheel toy hauler now and have been exploring doing this as a better option for myself.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Sure wish someone would build the perfect answer to this question of what works the best. I have had now two coaches, carried my BMW on the first one with a lift. This year have been walking the RV parks and see every way to answer the solution. Seems there is no perfect answer. Last month parked between two new 5th wheels both towing enclosed bike garages. Both owners had sold their toyhauler 5th wheels last year. This park, seeing lifts on coaches and one 5th wheel, and many enclosed garage trailers as well.

Thinking of a enclosed trailer for us, to load the bike, and the Jeep. Then deal with the too large of a trailer.

Seems a coach with a garage, and the climb up loft is a good compromise. But I can buy a nice enclosed for way less money than the cost of changing our coach, and we would never replace the ride, quality, and features of our present coach.

A friend has a 39' Newmar Canyon with garage, added the half bath in the garage. With the drop bunks it works well for them and to have the grandkids visit. He can carry his street bike and a smaller dual sport, and tows his Jeep. It seems short on living space forward of the garage wall.

Dave and Dolly Cobb
Arlington TX

1998 Foretravel, U-295 36', rare mid-door
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, as a toad

Janice,

We have a great deal of experience in this area and it's all good. If you would like a flood of stories, opinions and lessons learned, we would be happy to share them with you.

We started out with a Class A about 20 years ago as a project / experiment to see if we liked RVing mixed in with our motorcycles. I modified that 1991 Chieftain to be the only class A toy hauler with a 10ft garage that we knew of at the time. We logged many great weekends and great weeks in that truck.

Since then we built the truck you see in the avatar. A 2001 KW custom (designed by my wife and I and built for/by us) with a 8ft garage. It's a great way to travel in support of a moto/jeep habit.

Lots of stories and lessons learned....please feel free to PM and perhaps we can make arrangement to discuss. We also have some Damon specific stories too.

Jim and Laura

T2000 HDT Conversion

with Moto Garage

Archived