Global Entry Application for Fulltimers

JimmyD

Greetings,

My wife and I have been full-timers for almost 10 years. We do not have a stick home, so our legal address has been Escapees in Livingston. Part of this time, we have traveled extensively, moveing every few days, and part of the time we have volunteered or worked as paid employees for the National Park Service. In the latter case, we would set still for up to six months at a time.

We plan on starting to travel more, both domestic and international, so we are going to apply for TSA Global Entry. For those of you that may not be familiar, once received, this pass will allow you to go through fewer checks when going through security, such as leaving your shoes on. It also simplifies and speeds up entry through customs on reentry to the U,S. from international travel.

Here is the question, on the form you are to list ALL of the places that you have lived for the last 5 years. If we put Livingston, that will show up as false as we have been employeed by the Park Service part of that time. If we put everyplace that we have stayed in the RV, it will be well over 100 places. (Yes, we could do that since one of us keeps a detailed daily diary.) If we put Livingston, they will likely know/find out that this is a mail forwarding service, even if it is our legal address.

So, have any of you applied for the Gloabal Access status and what did you do.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Jim & Jan

How long were you employed by NPS? my guess is that you just need to list that and your Livingston address. No need to list every place you've been. At the most a form will be sent to the employer for them to fill out. However considering how fast cards and passports are processed I wonder if they even do that.

Ron & I just recently had our complete federal background checks redone for volunteering for federal govt. ( we need this because of the type work we do). We did list all of our volunteer spots and to my knowledge those references were checked. But this is probable much more extensive than your global cards.

Is there a phone number you can call and ask general questions???

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Livingston is my legal address, and I've only been there 3 times over the last 6 years. I renewed my Sentry card last year without any problem related to address. Not sure about your jobs reporting, but that would be a whole different dept. And as we know with all connections with the GOVT. not all depts. know what the others are doing.

But I agree, call someone.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

If we put Livingston, they will likely know/find out that this is a mail forwarding service, even if it is our legal address.

They won't care. It's just a number, city & state to them. All they want is your legally recognized addresses for the past 5 years for identification purposes. That is the address that appears on your drivers license, tax forms, etc.

They don't care that you travel extensively or that you've had multiple jobs outside of your "home" State. It's not an in-depth background check. They just want to know that you are well establish U.S. citizen, have no significant criminal history, all your legal documents (DL, birth, social, etc) "jive" and no "red flags" pop up in any official databases/records.

Try not to over think it or provide more information than they are actually asking for.

We did Global Entry several years ago using the Livingston address, which was our legal address at the time, and didn't have any issues.

2008 Newmar KGDB with dual desk setup and 55" HDTV - for sale soon
2020 Advanced-RV Mercedes Sprinter van - on order
past full-timer for 8 yrs, now-seasonal

Thanks everyone for your replies. A reply to nana25K: Since we worked for the NPS, we have had a Federal Department of Interior background check, but we got that many years ago when we had just started full timing. For that we did use the Livingston address. We had to supply the name and address of a neighbor. We used a fellow Escapee and that worked fine.

So, we will give it a shot with using the Livingston address and our NPS positions.

Thanks, we will let you know how it goes.

Jim & Jan

Thanks everyone for your replies. A reply to nana25K: Since we worked for the NPS, we have had a Federal Department of Interior background check, but we got that many years ago when we had just started full timing. For that we did use the Livingston address. We had to supply the name and address of a neighbor. We used a fellow Escapee and that worked fine.

So, we will give it a shot with using the Livingston address and our NPS positions.

Thanks, we will let you know how it goes.

Jim & Jan

I'm sure that will be fine. Enjoy your extended travel

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Archived