Best size if drinking water hose?

Sunshine1

5/8", just buy one at Wal Mart, none seem to be better than others. We replace them every year or so. Yes, use a filter, doesn't matter what kind. We also use a Brita water filter inside. Ours came with one built in but we buy the water filters at Wal Mart. Yes, use a pressure regulator but buy a good one, about $50. We usually buy it at Camping World when on sale. It has a gauge. The ones from Wal Mart are really cheap and fail quickly.

Jan & Thomas

2012 Drv Mobile Suite 5'r

2012 Ford F350 Super Duty

You can buy one at Walmart, but you'll need a new one every couple of years when the ends get mashed. Many of us full timers eventually buy a quality hose and our filters from someone who specializes in such things. http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/ They are not inexpensive, but you will never need to replace them. They also carry all kinds of filters and reverse osmosis systems. It just depends on what you want. Their website gives a pretty good explanation of what's available and why you might want it.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

I used 5/8" hoses/ It gives a little better flow for the pressure which in many campgrounds is as low as 20 to 30 psi. It made the shower more enjoyable for me.

I used a GE Smart Water whole house water filter and either 5 micron sediment or charcoal filter cartridges. I didn't use the charcoal filters if I was going to put the water in the tank and not use it for a while because that removes the chlorine.

The filter housing, hose fittings and cartridges are available at many hardware stores

I used a Watts whole house regulator set at 65 psi. Most RVs are rated at 65 psi and Winnebago's are checked at 85 psi at the factory.

Although most campgrounds have pressures from 20 psi to 40 psi, I have seen some with pressures as high as 140 psi. So I think it is a good idea to use a good regulator. The cheap ones sold by most RV stores are not very good and I don't trust them.

The Watts whole house filters and hose fittings for them can be found at most hardware stores.

Clay(WA5NMR), Lee(Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timed for eleven years in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Snowbirds for 1 year. Now settled down in western CO.
Honda Accord toad.

First thing is, welcome to the Escapee forums! We will all we can to assist and support you.

Always get the larger fresh water hose and spend a bit more and get the best quality that you can as they last far longer than cheap ones. Never connect to any city water system without using a water pressure regulator and the adjustable ones and high flow models serve best for that. We have never put a single drop of water into our last several RVs that did not first pass through at least a particulate filter and usually we use one of the carbon block filters for all water. A very good place to get both information about water quality and related equipment, as well as to purchase that equipment is the RV Water Filter Store, which is operated by fulltimers.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

When we were full timing we carried two 25' white water hoses - never know when the 2nd one will come in handy. We also carried a blue 50' water hose for washing things like the trailer or TV and some times used it for gray water when in parks/CGs with that service. All hoses are 5/8".

We have an in-line filter and water pressure regulator but seldom used the pressure regulator. Our trailer's owner's manual said it was tested to 120 psi and that's not often found at RV Parks/CGs. I'm told that you can get in-line water filters with manually controlled pressure regulators. Probably a good idea.

On another note; We also carry a 20 amp 25' extension cord. Comes in very handy when using 30 amps and there is an extra 15 amp plug-in connection at your site.

38' fiver - Dodge Dually

AKA: FastEagle

USN Retired - DOD Retired - SSA Retired

Archived