Ok We did it!

BobN51

Congratulations, 5 1/2 years ago we started down the road. Excited and nervous, don't worry it's a blast. Hope the house sale goes easy, took me 3 years to shed mine but they say there moving better now.

John

2017 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7 4.10 B&W hitch

2017 DRV MS 36RSSB3

It does look like you are on the way! Congratulations on the new home and wishing you a quick and successful sale of the stick house.

We were just where you are back in 1999 with a new motorhome of 35' on an F-53 chassis and a house for sale. I'm sure that there is a bit of nervousness as well as a high level of excitement but savor each moment and experience as you will be amazed by how quickly these events pass and the years flow by. Our motorhome served us very well for nearly 12 years full-time and we kept it for 14 years before passing it to the present owner who still travels in it. No reason at all why you should not fare just as well as we. I suggest that you take advantage of this time before travel starts to get your belongings into the new home and to check weight and balance of things once loaded as it will help a great deal once you start to travel. We lived in ours for several months before we began to travel and that made our transition much smoother.

Reading your profile tells me that you enjoy volunteer work so I'll also suggest a few things to look over in the time you are waiting for the house to sell as you may find that volunteering is an important part of you RV life, just as we did. You can see a brief history of our adventures in RV volunteer work by visiting this link. Some of the faith based RV volunteer organizations are:

Sowers Campers on Mission Campers for Christ NOMADS US-MAPS .Mission Builders

There are a host of worthwhile causes that need some help that can keep us busy and keep life interesting so you may want to look some of these over and give some thought to how you will fill your days in the years ahead. We spent time with the Natl. Park Service, the US Fish & Wildlife Service, several state's parks, county parks, and even at a grass airfield along the roads. Most of us find that after a time on the road we need some of the things that we enjoyed before RV life to keep our minds and hands busy and there are many ways to do this.

Welcome to the road!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

To add one more to Kirk's list, the RV Care-A-Vanners work with Habitat for Humanity. You can join in scheduled builds that usually last two weeks, participate in on-going builds, or just contact the local affiliate in locations you are staying. In addition to actual construction work, there are often opportunities to volunteer in the Restore or help pickup and sort donations. Escapees had a Habitat for Humanity BOF which unfortunately was disbanded for lack of interest.

The one that dies with the most toys is still dead!

Congratulations on the new Motorhome and graduating to the Fulltime lifestyle - we still have a couple years to go (Class of 2017)

Bob & Anne-Marie Williams

| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego bikes |

| Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime |

event.png

Welcome and Congrats! We have been fulltime for 9 1/2 years and have no regrets. Hope your house sells fast, it took us 5 months in 2006, but we were really glad to pull away from that sold home. We have not missed it and the maintenance & mortgage payment that went with it. Don't be nervous, it's all good and worth it. We have volunteered in 4 different state's parks and are now working our first pay job with Corps of Engineers. You meet really nice people and the rangers are so appreciative of you giving your time. Good luck and safe travels!

Jan & Thomas

2012 Drv Mobile Suite 5'r

2012 Ford F350 Super Duty

To add one more to Kirk's list, the RV Care-A-Vanners work with Habitat for Humanity. You can join in scheduled builds that usually last two weeks, participate in on-going builds, or just contact the local affiliate in locations you are staying. In addition to actual construction work, there are often opportunities to volunteer in the Restore or help pickup and sort donations. Escapees had a Habitat for Humanity BOF which unfortunately was disbanded for lack of interest.

These guys built my wife's first home back when she was a struggling single mom of three in Livingston, TX in 2005. We actually still have the home as a second home.

• 1 month later...

These guys built my wife's first home back when she was a struggling single mom of three in Livingston, TX in 2005. We actually still have the home as a second home.

My wife and I have worked with Habitat for Humanity near our home in Georgia as well as through the RV Care-A-Vanner program. It's always good to hear success stories.

Back to the original post... Congratulations on your rig and best wishes for selling the home. We're not full-timing but may do that at some point in the future. See ya down the road.

Archived