Surface Pro Tablet

fortytwo

Anyone know if the micro card reader on the Surface Pro 3 tablets will recognize the 128 gig cards? Costco has the 128 gig, I5 package with kb at $150 discount. Would prefer 256 gig but if a 128 micro card could be used it might work. I have a suspicion that there won't be a Pro 4 line, haven't found a source of refurb's at significant savings, and at $999 and with Costco added warranty this could be "about as good as it's gonna get", if it will handle a 128 gig micro SD card. Another plus - it has Win 8.1 pro.

"You can use USB storage or a microSD card of any size with your Surface to store your documents, music, videos, and pictures. Surface works with standard microSD card formats—microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC."

From https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/storage-files-and-folders/surface-storage-options?os=windows-10

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Got the one day offer from MS today. Better price, but it's windows 10. My 34 years experience with Microsoft OS'S is that the .0 release is an adventure in frustration and mental anguish. If I get a Surface now it will have 8.1 pro. Otherwise I'll wait 6-9 months for the bugs, er features, to settle.

The new surface is a loser for me. The reduced resolution may seem OK on a smaller tablet, but these interfaces are made to ZOOM. The disadvantage of lower screen pixels quickly surfaces.

Well, I done did it. Bought the Costco Surface 3 Pro with 128GB and Win 8.1 yesterday. Naturally, my News 360 feed had an announcement that a Surface 4 was expected to be announced soon. Possibly better hardware, but will come with Win 10 - reason enough for me to not feel bad. I've got 11 months for MS to get Win 10 right, and the I-5 isn't a shabby processor.

Haven't seen anything on the ports on Surface Pro 4, but the way things are going there may be no way to access a micro SD. Samsung removed the slot from the new Note5 phablet. The push to force everyone to the Cloud is on. It is secure ..... isn't it? I've turned auto storage to the cloud off on the Pro 3, and I won't be upgrading my Note3.

Archived