The new space age concept HDT for Walmart

Chad Heiser

Here's a link to the new concept truck built by Peterbuilt and others for Walmart.

http://biggeekdad.com/2015/07/walmarts-new-truck/

How would you like to have one of these pulling your RV?

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I'm sorry, but that's one of the most hideous looking contraptions I've ever seen...IMHO. I'm all for saving the planet but hopefully there's a better way.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

I think it is cool!

2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.

Cool truck. Now wanna see Henry mate a carbon fiber ET hitch to it and Gregg build a carbon fiber Smart bed. Break out your wallets, gonna be a bumpy ride if that happens :rolleyes:

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I personally really like the visibility that cockpit gives. Think about it...once you get used to it, it would be pretty sweet to be sitting in the middle of the lane, with glass pretty much all the way around. The view to the left of the truck would be a bit worse, but offset by a much better view to the right side. Both could be easily improved with camera monitoring/ appropriate mirrors.

I've flown in small planes with "glass panel controls"--love the concept. Don't bother watching the gauges so close...if anything goes out of range the display goes yellow or red on that section and flashes the warning at you. I like gauges, but I have to admit that the glass panel systems I've seen were better by far for displaying information and usability.

WE'll just have to see how this concept goes. My guess is the bulk of drivers will refuse to accept it because its "different" --mostly because it will make backing to the "near side" somewhat more difficult.

No camper at present.

Way too many farm machines to maintain.

its just UGLY as hell... let alone the ugly white lettering on a black trailer.

just suprised any of the HDT mfg want anything to do with Walcrap with there policies ETC...

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Archived